NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Follow me on...
Instagram: @NOLA-Ron
Youtube: llumpkin84 here
Fleurobahn.com: NOLA-Ron
Vortex: NOLA-Ron

Delivery Date: 2/27/12

I'm a long time Honda enthusiast that was in search of something new. I was originally looking at Infiniti G37's but after a couple months of shopping and hesitating, I took a look at the GTI and never turned back.

Phase 1: "The Devil is in the Details"
- Monster Mats (installed)
- Lower Grill Red Trim (installed)
- GolfMK6/// Vinyl (installed)
- GTI Seat Inserts w/ Custom Red Lettering (installed)
- Lamin-X optic blue fogs (installed)
- Interlagos Plaid Steering Wheel Insert (installed)
- LED Interior Red/Cool White Light Kit (installed)
- Racing Dash LED Plate Light (installed)
- CSG Color Matched Side Markers (installed)
- 35% Window Tint (installed)

Phase 2: Moar POWAH
- S3 Short Shifter; Audi Part#8J0711046E (installed)
- APR Stage 1 Intake (installed)
- APR Stage 1 Tune (installed)
- AWE Boost Gauge (ordered)
- NewSouth Steering Column Gauge Mount (ordered)
- NewSouth Boost Tap (ordered)
- 42DD or SPM Downpipe
- APR Stage 2
- APR or SPM Intercooler

Phase 3: Stance Dance
- OEM Interlagos Wheels (installed)
- DG Springs (installed - replacing with HPS SHS soon)
- Summer Tires
- APR Front/Rear Sways

Phase 4: Track Worthy
- APR K04
- Cross drilled rotors
- SS Break Lines

Phase 5: Euro Touches
- .:R Tails (OEM Dark Red) (installed)
- Ed's Rep Headlights w/ 6k HID kit
- Euro Switch
- GTI Door Sills
- Puddle Lights
- Euro Cup Holder

The Old Ride, 2008 Civic Si:

IMG_1563 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1560 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1558 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1555 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1545 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1538 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1535 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1531 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1528 by nola-ron, on Flickr

IMG_1525 by nola-ron, on Flickr

1st Professional Detail, prior to APR BBQ Treffen 2012:

My CSG @ APR BBQ Treffen 2012:

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
PROGRESSION:
3/30/12 Stock Pics:

Mods as of 4/29/12

Today I installed the red trim on the front grille. I got this idea from someone else here on the forums. I really like the look because I used to LOVE the front grills on the MK5:

Before:

After:

Install was simple. I believe I paid $10 on ebay for the trim and still had over half of it left after I was done. I took my time with it and it took perhaps 15 minutes. The trim attaches with 3M tape that is already attached to the trim. I was anal when installing it too because I wanted it to be even throughout and look as factory as possible.

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
4/8/12
LED Interior Light Swap

All lights purchased from superbrightleds.com and were plug and play. Interior lights are not checked by the ECU so no errors or codes thrown from this upgrade. Replaced all lights with red LED's with the exception of map lights and glove lights (natural white there). I have not changed the visor lights though. Will be ordering those this week. Pics don't nearly show how nice it looks because I suck at night pictures!

Here's my configuration (thanks Candy Coated Comet VW!):

Footwells: T10 Wide Angle (WLED-x5) - Red
Glove box: T10 Wide Angle (WLED-x5) - Natural White
Back Dome: T10 Wide Angle (WLED-x5) - Red
Hatch: 42mm Festoon - Red

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Interlagos Plaid Wheel Inserts:

GTI Seat Inserts (with custom red backing - red matches, just looks orange in pics)

Optic Blue Lamin-X Fogs Installed:

MK6 Vinly Added to Engine Bay:

4/21/12
DAMAGE!!!!
Car was damaged on the interstate at night. Details here:
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread...018#post629018

4/27/12

Car Repair:

Got the car back from the shop today. Perfect color match and blend. Looks like a brand new car again. Mad props to B Imports in Mandeville, LA for the excellent repair. Only a minor touch up required which was started today and will be finished when I take the car back for a few minutes next week. There was a small fish eye on the fender from the clear coat. They filled it in today and will sand it down and buff on Wednesday. It was literally the size of a needle, but my trained eye found it ;)

Color Matched Side Markers:
While it was in the shop I had them color match the side markers. Even the guys there commented on how much better and cleaner it looks. Quick pics for now as it needs a wash.

Racing Dash LED Tag Lights:
Installed today. Took 10 minutes if even that. They are hella bright! The sun is just going down and you can see them even in daylight! Pics were taken after it got a bit darker but the sun still isn't completely down and you can see the entire ground is lit up! Awesome mod and looks very clean!

4/28/12

.:R Tails Received and Installed

HUGE surprise at my door this morning! Care package from Germany ;)

Comparison Shot: OEM vs .:R OEM

Lights/brakes Off:

Brakes On (Daytime) - Yes, all lights are on. LED's flicker in cameras so it was bad timing and looks like one isn't working:

Night w/ Lights on (no brake) + Racing Dash LED Plate Lights:

Last edited:

myfastgti1

Ready to race!
looks good! i would get an intake+tune come the next sale, unreal how much more i enjoy the car now.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
If you are planning on buying a dp, I would recommend going APR Stage 2, unless you are going Stage 1 and buying the dp later to go stage 2.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
looks good! i would get an intake+tune come the next sale, unreal how much more i enjoy the car now.

Thanks!! Can't wait for my R tails to come in. Will have tint done just before they get here as well. Was going to get stage 1 this sale but wanted to knock out some other things that are bugging me first. I'll be ready for tune/intake by the summer or fall sale.

If you are planning on buying a dp, I would recommend going APR Stage 2, unless you are going Stage 1 and buying the dp later to go stage 2.

Yea, probably would go stage 2. Mainly want the DP for the little extra power and sound even without the tune. Still debating that though. I saw a guy here that was untuned with TBE and pulled 20HP/18TQ from TBE alone. I was actually surprised. :thumbsup:

isons429

Ready to race!
Progress is looking good so far man :thumbsup: Do you have a link for the trim for the grille? I am looking to paint the chrome piece I have on there now, but is may be easier to just replace it with a new one.