GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Redux: The Triumphant Return of Boostedballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Autobarn in Mt Propect wants $150 to flash me from Stage 1 to Stage 2....seems a bit high. Found a guy in Lake Zurich with a shop called E-Fab Motorsports says he will flash it for $50. Anyone been there? I assume you cant really mess a flash up right?

weird, autobarn MP quoted me $100 to go from stage 1 to stage 2. That was only about a month ago too. Did you get your original tune there?

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Autobarn in Mt Propect wants $150 to flash me from Stage 1 to Stage 2....seems a bit high. Found a guy in Lake Zurich with a shop called E-Fab Motorsports says he will flash it for $50. Anyone been there? I assume you cant really mess a flash up right?
$150 is a little high but pretty close to standard. (edit: nevermind - I totally skipped over the part where you were going stage 1 to stage 2) E-Fab is a new shop. The owner was my driver's ed partner back in high school haha. A bunch of euro guys have started going to E-Fab but I haven't been there yet.

You definitely can mess up a flash. Fried ECU either immediately or months down the line, unique software problems, etc.

Last edited:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
weird, autobarn MP quoted me $100 to go from stage 1 to stage 2. That was only about a month ago too. Did you get your original tune there?
that's because once you're already stage 1, they just reflash via the OBD port usually. To initially get tuned they need to pull your ECU and solder a few things. I was not charged at all when I went from stage 1 to stage 2. Maybe because I was buddies with the service adviser? or maybe they changed policies...

Renner

Go Kart Champion
$150 is a little high but pretty close to standard. E-Fab is a new shop. The owner is my driver's ed partner back in high school haha. A bunch of euro guys have started going to E-Fab but I haven't been there yet.

You definitely can mess up a flash. Fried ECU either immediately or months down the line, unique software problems, etc.

Hmmm...not sure what to do. Save the $100 and hope these guys dont mess up the ECU or just spend the money at AB again

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Anything over $50 for a reflash is just stupid. GRD and Efab both charge $50 as far as I know. Wish I lived near HSTuning since they do it for free.

Jaber

Modero
Dat dealer rate.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Im assuming you were quoted high cause the guy was confused or didnt know what he was talking about. Probably thinking it was the rate to tune it from stock to stage 1 and figured must be same from 1-2

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
You already paid like $150 or whatever to have them pull the ECU - shouldn't they be able to reflash by just plugging it in without opening it up again? Why pay $150 to have them plug in a cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.