GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Redux: The Triumphant Return of Boostedballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Sounds like they didn't quote you right.

That or they're charging for an hour's time, despite only taking a few minutes? Since labor is a bit over $200 for Stock to Stage X, approx 2 hr labor charge.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
You already paid like $150 or whatever to have them pull the ECU - shouldn't they be able to reflash by just plugging it in without opening it up again? Why pay $150 to have them plug in a cable?

Thats what I was thinking.. Stage 1 is already done. Got my DP in the mail and installing that this weekend so I called to see what the Stage 2 flash was going to cost me. He said $150 and I even stated again that I was already stage 1 which i bought from them...he put me on hold came back and said Yep, $150.

It would be cheaper for me to over night my ECU to APR and have them do it for free with overnight back and use my wifes car in the mean time

Jaber

Modero
Thats what I was thinking.. Stage 1 is already done. Got my DP in the mail and installing that this weekend so I called to see what the Stage 2 flash was going to cost me. He said $150 and I even stated again that I was already stage 1 which i bought from them...he put me on hold came back and said Yep, $150.

It would be cheaper for me to over night my ECU to APR and have them do it for free with overnight back and use my wifes car in the mean time

Definitely sounds like they're charging you for an hours time, plus tax (maybe? and shop fees?).

Time to buddy up with peeps there.

Jaber

Modero
Shibaru?

Way better than the Chevy dog is going to die, commercial.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Autobarn MP did my Stage 2 flash for free. In fact I think Ryan did it. I was in there for a 20K maintenance I think and they just flashed it.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Autobarn MP did my Stage 2 flash for free. In fact I think Ryan did it. I was in there for a 20K maintenance I think and they just flashed it.

Wonder if it was becuse you were there spending money already, not just bringing it in for a flash only. either way nice that you got it for free, I am not having such luck

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Never found out who had the modded white gti at fox valley...pretty sure its a techs.....if youre out there somewhere reading this, you wanna go catch a movie? maybe some mini golf and some brews? :)

Jaber

Modero
Never found out who had the modded white gti at fox valley...pretty sure its a techs.....if youre out there somewhere reading this, you wanna go catch a movie? maybe some mini golf and some brews? :)

I got a white modded gti, close enough? :iono::bellyroll::yikes:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I got a white modded gti, close enough? :iono::bellyroll::yikes:

Sorry but i can only let one white modded gti into my life at this time...jay745 im talking to you bro, You had me at eurojet turboback exhaust. Its not that i dont like you jaber, seriously...its not you its me....

AWKWARD.

Jaber

Modero
Sorry but i can only let one white modded gti into my life at this time...jay745 im talking to you bro, You had me at eurojet turboback exhaust ride along. Its not that i dont like you jaber, seriously...its not you its me....

AWKWARD.

Forgot Jay had CW :thumbup: Dem whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.