GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I'm glad someone brought this topic up as I was going to(I may still do a thread) uncover the truth about the RSR clutch and how it can be had for 1/2 the price. Also IMO, HS Tuning is using the wrong pressure plate(TT-RS) as VW(LuK) makes the same pressure plate(Golf R believe it or not) but with the correct width for the clutch plate they include. This also means that those Golf R's(& FSI's) that have the 06F 141 015 CX clutch kit can just upgrade their clutch plate with the Euro TDI's that they include, 03G 141 031 T and they will have the same performance as the RSR clutch kit. Here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about

RSR pressure plate(polished to remove part #'s)

TT-RS pressure plate(shows stock clutch plate to show why it's smaller) - 07K 141 025 B(Kit - 07K 141 015 B)

Golf R pressure plate - 06F 141 025 A(Kit - 06F 141 015 CX)

Won't the PP still need to modded to fit TSI flywheel?

Also how do you know RSR uses ROW TDI disc?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Won't the PP still need to modded to fit TSI flywheel?

Also how do you know RSR uses ROW TDI disc?

The TT-RS & Golf R pressure plates that are pictured are 6 bolt designs, which are the same as stock, so unless polishing the pressure plate is considered "modifying", HS Tuning didn't do anything besides that. Look at the pics and tell me if you notice anything besides that, even FLTrooper in his review(where the RSR pics came from, thanks BTW) said he didn't notice any "modifications".

Here's a clear pic of the clutch disc they use, search the part # and you'll see where it comes from, heck, even HS Tuning in that thread or another said that it comes from a Euro TDI but they didn't say where the pressure plate came from for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Good info bro very interesting...now if we could figure out a way to make it work with a lightweight flywheel we would be straight

blue2.8

Ready to race!
very interested in the possibility of being able to piece together my own clutch kit and spending only half the amount. Expense of a new clutch is the only thing keeping me from getting tuned. Hopefully sometimes tries this soon and reports back

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
So where does one acquire a Golf R pressure plate and euro TDI disk? Who will be the first guinea pig? What is the risk involved with being the first?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Clutc...z7KJ84Qma6vpUlkvKEdCUhbuLqA4mv7UVahoCBg7w_wcB

Technically we could order this for PP and TOB, then source a TDI disk? Dealer part?

Second Edit: Do the Golf R guys have problems with slipping clutches on stage 2? Perhaps the FSI clutch kit is able to handle stage 2 better than TSI? Since the transmissions are the same, would an FSI clutch bolt up with no issues? Maybe we could get by with just buying the FSI kit, or does that seem way too easy and cheap?

I found same information from my research. I was going to build my own kit but don't have time to work out any issues if something wasn't just right. Reason why I opted for their RSR clutch kit.

I had the SACHS SRE kit in shopping cart about to order and the. I changed my mind when they lowered RSR kit by $75

You can get a TDI disk from www.darksideperformance.co.uk

Another question I have is, knowing the golf R uses the same 6 bolt LUK pressure plate. Is it that the TT-RR with smaller surface area - does it have more clamping power?! Need to know OEM clutch rating for both part numbers

So where does one acquire a Golf R pressure plate and euro TDI disk? Who will be the first guinea pig? What is the risk involved with being the first?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Clutc...z7KJ84Qma6vpUlkvKEdCUhbuLqA4mv7UVahoCBg7w_wcB

Technically we could order this for PP and TOB, then source a TDI disk? Dealer part?

Second Edit: Do the Golf R guys have problems with slipping clutches on stage 2? Perhaps the FSI clutch kit is able to handle stage 2 better than TSI? Since the transmissions are the same, would an FSI clutch bolt up with no issues? Maybe we could get by with just buying the FSI kit, or does that seem way too easy and cheap?

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
How much cheaper are we talking about? How much isthe one piece throw out bearing?

Remember the cost of the rsr also includes the throw out bearing. So subtract that from your cost analysis before saying people are being had.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
How much cheaper are we talking about? How much isthe one piece throw out bearing?

Remember the cost of the rsr also includes the throw out bearing. So subtract that from your cost analysis before saying people are being had.

Throw out bearing should NOT be more then $100

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Throw out bearing should NOT be more then $100

I was looking at deutscheautoparts and they have it listed at 103/112. So we're looking at about $900 for clutch disk and pressure plate correct? And if people got it during the sale, it would $825

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
900 for what exactly? And what sale?

HS Tuning had a $75 off sale for their kit.

$999 - Basic kit includes: Clutch disc, pressure plate, metal throwout bearing, pressure plate and throwout bearing bolts.

TOB - $103

$821 - clutch disc, pressure plate, pressure plate and tob bolts

I have no idea what the normal cost of the parts above usually go for by themselves.