GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
RSR clutch is for sale at hstuning FYI :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
maybe hyde can comment on here, but i'm having vibration when revving up and it's only in the lower rpms. I had rsr clutch, low miles oem dmfw, and 034 trans and motor mounts installed all at the same time. oh and LSD. could the mount be whats causing the vibration?

NLeo

Ready to race!
maybe hyde can comment on here, but i'm having vibration when revving up and it's only in the lower rpms. I had rsr clutch, low miles oem dmfw, and 034 trans and motor mounts installed all at the same time. oh and LSD. could the mount be whats causing the vibration?

Its the stiffer motor mounts.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Same issue, it's the trans mount specifically. Street or Track? With my 034 Street mounts, I could rev to 2900RPM and replicate the vibration each time. Since the RSR I moved to a Clutchmasters FX400 for the BT build, this does not happen now.

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Hey guys, looking to get a compiled list of the part #'s people are using here as my clutch is starting to slip in my MK6 R. Just rolled 50k miles on Stage I+ and will be going stage II after clutch install.

Or should I just buy the RSR kit? Was hoping to get it shipped under $1k.

Thanks!

Last edited:

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
sorry to bring this up from the dead...

i know this is a mk6 gti forum, i sold my 6 gti a while back and now that i have an MK6 R i need to upgrade the clutch on it and was wondering i anyone can
provide the needed part #'s and links where to get the ttr-s pressure plate, euro tdi disk as well as all metal trow out bearing??

i my prev mk6 gti i had bought the rsr from HS tuning, but i know a lot of people pieced their kit together using the same parts for a lot cheaper.

thx in advance.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
sorry to bring this up from the dead...

i know this is a mk6 gti forum, i sold my 6 gti a while back and now that i have an MK6 R i need to upgrade the clutch on it and was wondering i anyone can
provide the needed part #'s and links where to get the ttr-s pressure plate, euro tdi disk as well as all metal trow out bearing??

i my prev mk6 gti i had bought the rsr from HS tuning, but i know a lot of people pieced their kit together using the same parts for a lot cheaper.

thx in advance.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/build-your-own-rsr-clutch-kit-parts-list.273966/

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!

FCP euro has what it looks to be teh same clutch disk....

Audi Clutch Disc - Sachs 03G141031P​

but it the part # ends in P instead as the link you posted which it ends in T

is this the same disk and will it perform the same??? here's the link form FCP euro (from pictures it seems to look the same)

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-disc-sachs-03g141031p#description

thanks

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
FCP euro has what it looks to be teh same clutch disk....

Audi Clutch Disc - Sachs 03G141031P​

but it the part # ends in P instead as the link you posted which it ends in T

is this the same disk and will it perform the same??? here's the link form FCP euro (from pictures it seems to look the same)

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-disc-sachs-03g141031p#description

thanks

so nobody knows if this clutch disk from FCP euro that ends in P is the same as the one that the original person strarted this tread in which that disk part # ended in T

they both seem to look the same in pictures

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
so nobody knows if this clutch disk from FCP euro that ends in P is the same as the one that the original person strarted this tread in which that disk part # ended in T

they both seem to look the same in pictures
The last letter in the part number is usually the revision version iIrc... I think if the p/n itself is the same it should be good?