GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

The main issue is trying to find the clutch disk and pressure plate being sold seperately. I had to source the disk from Europe and the pressure plate with the stock disk and just basically either throwing it in the trash or trying to sell it somewhere to make a couple of bucks back somehow

I sourced the parts from europe as well. From darksidedevelopments.co.uk

In above post you showed a kit you put together using the new clutch disk is using in their revised PP + disc (For those with failing PP's).

So you basically pulled TT-RS PP + disk and then toss the disk that comes with it, due to the amount of splines. and then use the revised disk from VW for our 02Q

ncampos976

Ready to race!
i ordered a TTRS clutch setup a while ago, and people laughed at me, saying it would never work. when i received the parts, it was the exact pressure plate you guys have pictures off, but obivously the disc would not work because the splines on the input shaft of a TTRS are bigger, so that looks exactly like the TTRS pressure plate i ordered. i think my cost for the clutch kit was 300 dollars. i installed a RSR for another member here the other weekend, and the first thing i thought when i pulled it out of the box was "this looks exactly like the TTRS clutch i ordered"

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
i ordered a TTRS clutch setup a while ago, and people laughed at me, saying it would never work. when i received the parts, it was the exact pressure plate you guys have pictures off, but obivously the disc would not work because the splines on the input shaft of a TTRS are bigger, so that looks exactly like the TTRS pressure plate i ordered. i think my cost for the clutch kit was 300 dollars. i installed a RSR for another member here the other weekend, and the first thing i thought when i pulled it out of the box was "this looks exactly like the TTRS clutch i ordered"

so what kind of clutch DISK did you use with the TT-RS pressure plate you ordered??

and how much did it cost you, parts ONLY??

and how is the clutch HOLDING UP??

SHOMI

Ready to race!
I'm ready to jump on this, as long as the parts fit...

kern417

Go Kart Champion
That's like saying that APR should grind off the part #s off their K04 & Garrett turbo's so one will figure out what turbos they use or maybe grind off the part #s off the 3 bar map sensors so you have to buy it from them :thumbdown:

that's what they do with their stage 3+ injectors :laugh:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i think everyone knows that the pressure plate is the weak part of our oem clutches. i have yet to see a clutch pulled that was actually worn down. it was glazed over because the pressure plate didn't have enough clamp force to hold it on. every aftermarket company sells their kits with a modified sachs pp.

if you really drive your car hard this is not a solution. they keep saying these cars hold power but if you do any sorts of launches or fast engagements at high rpm that organic material will not hold up to the task. also the price point is crazy and even crazier if it's all oem components, considering other companies sell cheaper ones that they manufacture/modify themselves.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!

Where are u finding the ttrs clutch kit for 300? It seems to be 460 or higher everywhere I can find it. Did u buy a replacement disk as well?

Post the part # of the TT-RS PP you found. I located the TT-RS pressure plate on the web sourcing from JimEllis VW website believe from 2012 TT-RS

but yes -- input splite is issue with the OEM TT-RS clutch kit. You throw pressure plate in trash and install a disk for 02Q

SACHS SRE performance disc
02Q Golf TDI disk
South Bend stage 3 disk... bet that would catch super hard, but maybe chatter a little due to materals?

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
Post the part # of the TT-RS PP you found. I located the TT-RS pressure plate on the web sourcing from JimEllis VW website believe from 2012 TT-RS

but yes -- input splite is issue with the OEM TT-RS clutch kit. You throw pressure plate in trash and install a disk for 02Q

SACHS SRE performance disc
02Q Golf TDI disk
South Bend stage 3 disk... bet that would catch super hard, but maybe chatter a little due to materals?
I'm not sure who u are speaking to but the ttrs kit from Jim Ellis Is $468. At that price, the rsr would end up a better deal.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
I'm not sure who u are speaking to but the ttrs kit from Jim Ellis Is $468. At that price, the rsr would end up a better deal.

no shit, it is no brainer, considering that one would still need the EURO TDI clutch disk to go with the TT-rs pressure plate, and by the time you add all that cost and shipping, MIND AS WELL get the RSR clutch kit form HS Tuning.

i know i did, and LOVE it...

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
Take it easy man. I'm glad you got what you got and are happy with it. If we find the same kit at a lower price, it's nothing against you. So calm down. Someone in the thread earlier said he priced it out at 400. I am only trying to gather as many sources as,possible so I can buy it as cheap as possible. If I can save a few hundred, I can put that toward a new flywheel.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
Take it easy man. I'm glad you got what you got and are happy with it. If we find the same kit at a lower price, it's nothing against you. So calm down. Someone in the thread earlier said he priced it out at 400. I am only trying to gather as many sources as,possible so I can buy it as cheap as possible. If I can save a few hundred, I can put that toward a new flywheel.

good luck on that brotha....if u do find it cheaper then the RSR kit LMK, as a friend of mine is now looking at replacing his clutch do to slippage....