GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The damage is done...

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Rates won't get raised that's a no fault accident and there wasent another driver involved.

From my experience that is private property damage and it is a claim at your fault cause no one else damaged it but yourself. You're fortunate you rates didnt go up but most ins company cant wait to find an excuse to raise your rates whether it be your home ins or auto ins.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Update [09.27.2010]: I have an appointment with the adjuster on Wednesday at 1310 hours, so hopefully I get back enough money to try out that RevoZport bumper and to cover a small amount of a nice pair of LED tail lights. Any recommendations for those?

From my experience that is private property damage and it is a claim at your fault cause no one else damaged it but yourself. You're fortunate you rates didnt go up but most ins company cant wait to find an excuse to raise your rates whether it be your home ins or auto ins.

I'm a bit lucky in this case; my dad has a decent deal with Statefarm because he has 5 vehicles insured, and he's been insured with the same agent for over 30 years.

Yeah, I'm 17 and insured on my father's policy. Some might call me an irresponsible teenager, but at least I'm paying for my own deductible!
:fighting0030:

LOL

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Damn, your 17? You're already doing quite well for yourself haha! You decide what bumper you're getting?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Damn, your 17? You're already doing quite well for yourself haha! You decide what bumper you're getting?

I try! I'm really proactive for my age, according to many.

I did decide on the RevoZport!
I'm either buying it from GMP Performance or ABD Racing--whoever can get it to me the quickest, or whoever else has a great offer for that matter.

As far as tail lights, I need some opinions on these few:

OR

save up for some R20 tails?

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion

I'm either buying it from GMP Performance or ABD Racing--whoever can get it to me the quickest, or whoever else has a great offer for that matter.

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/medienarchiv/bilder/6809_g6-l-119.jpg

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/medienarchiv/bilder/6778_g6-l-118.jpg

OR

That's wassup-stay on your grind! Man, when I was 17 I was just trying to smoke weed and skate lol.

I can't comment on the quality of those lights, but I've sold many aftermarket lights and they almost always either fogged up or fit weird. Granted this was on mostly Hondas and Acuras, but I would just save up for the OEM. Especially considering the R tails are unmatched as far as looks IMO.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
That's wassup-stay on your grind! Man, when I was 17 I was just trying to smoke weed and skate lol.

I can't comment on the quality of those lights, but I've sold many aftermarket lights and they almost always either fogged up or fit weird. Granted this was on mostly Hondas and Acuras, but I would just save up for the OEM. Especially considering the R tails are unmatched as far as looks IMO.

Well I smoked weed chronically for about 3 years on and off, but I'm done with that. I'm military now. :fighting0030: I've just always been interested in cars; I've been driving since I was 13 years old, modding cars since I was 15, and I don't think I could ever stop :)

That's actually damn good advice! I see where you're coming from. You see that all over the place--not just in automobiles. Where would you say is the best place to look for some that come with the right accessories to keep from throwing a code?

:D

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
No clue about the best place to buy them, I haven't looked into that yet. I'm sure many others on here know the deal.

edit: man you're really taking me back to when my friend's pops let me drive his pickup on Fisher's Island when I was a kid. : pours one for the dead homies:

Last edited:

adietze

Does any have pictures of the smoked taillights installed? Will you need adapters for them and VAGCOM changes to avoid the bulb out idiot lights?

OR

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Update 09.28.2010:
I go today to get a quote today from my dealer's body shop, since my dad is advocating the use of that body shop.

I ask for a quote on repairs, specify that I will be replacing the tail light on my own, and these are the quotes I get. What I receive pisses me the hell off...

With bumper included:

Without bumper included:

Apparently, they are going to charge me $16.80 more for 'body labor', $42 more for 'paint labor', and $29 more for 'paint supplies' if I purchase an OEM bumper on my own and take it to them. Of course, I gain $5.25 from 'body supplies', but that doesn't justify stealing $82.55 from me simply for purchasing the bumper on my own.
Am I wrong to be upset? Does anybody with more experience know a justifying reason why I am charged more?!

Then, on top of that, my estimator refused to quote me on painting my side markers. What the hell is that? He claims it's illegal, but from what I just read, it's illegal for a dealership to sell vehicles without side markers and illegal for commercial vehicles to drive without them.

F***!

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
for your car i would go with the smoked ones, OR save up for the smoked R20 lights. both are good lookin.

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
most shops rely on making a profit margin off the parts they sell. its not righht what they are doing in my opinion, but i could of told ya they might try something like that. they arent making anything off parts if you supply them so they are making up for it in labor etc. damn the man!