GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The damage is done...

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Save up for the R20 lights ;) n I would respray the abrasion just try to change the diffuser on the bumper to add 2 split rear exhaust (one on left and the other on the right hand side). The revozsport is indeed a bit heavy for ur car if stock. But may be it'll get u started on modding the front l8er to match the rear :iono:

R20 lights are on their way, along with adapters from TMTuning.

;)

The abrasions are much too deep to just do a simple re-spray. What do you mean 2 split rear exhaust? I have a GTI with an exhaust tip on both sides. :p

The RevoZport without the 'spoilers' (pun intended) seems close enough to stock, only with vents in place of the reflectors.

:thumbsup:

The bad news: the price for R20 tail lights, a RevoZport rear bumper, VAG-COM micro-CAN connection [for the LED tail lights], LED adapters, and labor to put on the bumper will cost me the price of a K04 kit..
:(

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
All in the name of looking better after an accident my friend - the K04 can definitely hold a bit and who knows by then you might want even more power :).

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
Sometime is all about Quality work and warrany they give u when it come to paint stuff.Good Luck on that.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
^^^

That's why I'm using my dealer's body shop ;)

The lights should be in tomorrow!

I'm still waiting on a response from ABD though.
:eek:

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
What's this? What's this?

:thumbup:

I just ordered the outer pieces because I thought I was going to be forking out the $500+ for the bumper much sooner; I didn't want to leave my bank account near empty.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Update 10.07.2010:

The RevoZport bumper has been forfeited due to time constraints.

As of now, I have:
-R20 outer LED tail light housings in my possession.
-LED adapters on their way in the mail from TMTuning.com.
-OEM GTI rear bumper on its way in the mail from GenuineVWAudiParts.com.
-no way of receiving the left inner tail light from ECSTuning.com until they re-stock.

Micro-CAN is soon to be on its way.

:D

Wish me luck with my pursuit.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
You've got yourself a mini-build thread through the troubles my friend - time to move on over to Member Car Journals! :)

ABD Racing

Ready to race!

:thumbup:

I just ordered the outer pieces because I thought I was going to be forking out the $500+ for the bumper much sooner; I didn't want to leave my bank account near empty.

im jealous! i want i want!:thumbsup:

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Whoo! I'm finally closing this chapter! :D

Reflectors will only get painted due to reasonable practicality...

shahabdin

Ready to race!
It has indeed been a very long chapter! :eek:

Last edited: