GOLFMKV

TheGTIChannel's Candy White (Mk6) GTI Journal

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Great GTI! :word:

Kinda look like mine :thumbsup:

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
do you have a pic of what the zXe's look like?

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Stripe is what sets it apart from other's. Nice looking car.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Yeah, I'd just have the guys from my dealership do it. They do a really great job with decals and stuff.

And yes...if I decide to do it, I'll definitely send you pics!! haha I doubt it though...it wouldn't really be that noticeable on UG.

You're probably right. Unless you have some other black parts (like side views) it might look out of place on a UG Gti... :iono:

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Not at the moment but i'll try to get one tonight.

thanks! also, it says u have 6k HID and ZXE, which one do you have in the low beam? id be interested to see pics of the HIDs too haha

my family had a place in alpharetta until last year, great place

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Their are similar stripes available through VW... vw second skin. Shipped to your dealership to be installed if you want. http://vwsecondskin.com/customer_gallery.php
seems like they are updating the GTI section, you used to be able to look at different graphics on different colors.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Their are similar stripes available through VW... vw second skin. Shipped to your dealership to be installed if you want. http://vwsecondskin.com/customer_gallery.php
seems like they are updating the GTI section, you used to be able to look at different graphics on different colors.

Sounds like a great (and "OEM") option! :thumbup:
The only thing that concerns me about vwsecondskins is that the price for such stripes range from $290, to over $300 since (from what I read) they come as a 3M vinyl wrap- not sure why they'd do that :iono: for just a simple stripe. I used a beetle to test out the graphic maker and price calculator since the GTI section is currently being updated. If you have that kind of money or want a more complex design than just a generic MK1 stripe go for it! :thumbup: Some of those graphics look amazing.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
yeah thanks, not that original, got it from Klii, but I get lots of compliments on the rearview mirror....need to redo it, wan't as patient as I should have been when I put it on.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
thanks! also, it says u have 6k HID and ZXE, which one do you have in the low beam? id be interested to see pics of the HIDs too haha

my family had a place in alpharetta until last year, great place

The HID's are my low beams currently. I guess I made a mistake when listing :iono:! Sorry. The ZXE's were switched out a while back for Hoen Xenonmatch' s that had a blue-er hue but were not as effective for actual lighting. They were finally replaced by the Xenons 6000K. Out of the three, the Xenon 6000k provide the best ratio of form v. function, function being the most important aspect of course (especially when it comes to something as important as headlights). They still have a light blue/green hue but light much more effectively than the Hoens, to the point were I've had other drivers ask me why I left my high beams on. :thumbsup:

And indeed, Alpharetta is a great place to live. The only downside is the amount of police that have nothing better to do than catch people for speeding.:(

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Badge Delete

This is not really a mod, more of a little aesthetic tweak :). For a while now, the rear of my GTI has been bothering me. I wasn't sure why though. It looked "boxy" and something was simply off about it. After browsing through the forum I decided to try and see the rear without the badges and "Freed Performance" decal, after all, I can just put it back if I like it better badged. Used some dental floss and got both badges off in minutes.

From an aesthetic point of view, the "R" tail lights are the centerpieces of the rear and automatically draw peoples' focus on them. Badges therefore create "noise" around the tail lights. It is not very noticeable on the pictures, but in person, the rear of the car looks flatter/wider free of all badges (except for VW). :happyanim: I'm a lot more content with the rear of the car now.

As it was said by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (brilliant German architect), "sometimes less is more"

Before:

After:

And just to give you an idea of how much dirt builds up around the badges over time (that is very hard to clean):

Won't have to worry about that anymore! :thumbup: