GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TheGTIChannel's Candy White (Mk6) GTI Journal

CW12

Ready to race!
What did you use to delete the rear wiper? Been thinking about doing it, but haven't found much info.

flygti2013

Ready to race!
with your debadging our cars look just alike..... need to think of a different look for rims now lol

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
What did you use to delete the rear wiper? Been thinking about doing it, but haven't found much info.

It was very simple. I believe there is an easy tutorial on this forum I believe. All the mod took was an allen key the right size, the plug, electrical tape, and some sealant. The plug can be found at Lowe's (not Home Depot). Bring a picture of it and as for the pictured plug in 1 inch size. I believe it MIGHT be the type of plug that is used for furniture but do not quote me on that ;). Then follow the guide found on the forum and everything is covered in great detail. Costs maybe 10$ if you do not have sealant at home.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Hehe. I figured I'd share this small (temporary) mod! Ordered it from Car Memes (the facebook page). Plenty of other "thoughtful" decals are available, but considering the vast amount of priuses (or Prii?) around here I went with this one.

Still makes me laugh every time I walk to my car haha :laugh:

PS: So far the car has not been keyed by an angry Prius driver!

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
BFI Torque Mount Insert

Just installed a "stage 2" BFI Torque Arm Insert (the harder kind). Easily one of the best bang-for-your-buck mods. Shipping was extremely fast (on my doorstep 3 days after ordering with ground shipping). The install was very simple and took roughly 3-5 mins. The mount really helps put down the car's power and has eliminated nearly all wheel hop. Shifts are smoother/more precise as well. The biggest downside is the slight vibration when idling or in reverse, however, that just gives you the impression of having a bigger engine rather than a 2.0T under the hood :cool: Overall its a great buy and do not let the vibration deter you, it is extremely minimal.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I was inspired by xHeartcoreboyx's thread to "color-match" the rear VW emblem since I found that the chrome did not fit with the rest of the color scheme (White, black, and red). Headed to Autozone where I bought a can of clone VW white spray paint and got to work. The silver part of the emblem, I covered with Plasti-Dip from Home Depot and it has held up so far (few weeks). This is the finished product! :happyanim: Note: I also covered the GTI and APR badges in Plasti Dip to match the emblem.

how much coat did you use for painting the hatch emblem, im thinking about doing the same?

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
how much coat did you use for painting the hatch emblem, im thinking about doing the same?

I used three to four light coats of white and two to three clear coats. However, I would strongly recommend that you used a color matched vinyl insert instead of paint. I have noticed that over time, dust starts getting incrusted in the paint and is nearly impossible to remove unless you re-paint. The vinyls are available for $8.99 from deAutokey.com My vinyl is currently shipping :D

The plasti-dipped emblem was 4-5 coats of dip. Until I had a nice thick coat.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks ill do that after as soon as the weather finally clears up and clean detail my car, looks so much clean! :D