GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Say hello to the newly redesigned SPM MK5/6 Intercooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Bowers

:thumbsup:
It's a tease chatting about it. I think the hint was to get chatter moving about it in anticipation for the release. Always good to have excited potential customers.

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I should have specified testing numbers :lol:

I guess specs was the wrong word

ptfern

Ready to race!
Question for SPM. I currently have a 2012 CC R-Line w/KO4. I have the S3 Intercooler. Would this new unit fit my application?

styletribe1

AVP Performance Parts and Tuning in Singapore is one of our distributors. I'm sure they will have them in stock shortly after the release, but yes we can ship to you direct as well.
Woohoo I'm in Singapore. Will this fit on a 1.4TSI engine? Should not be a problem I assume since S3s are being fitted on with no issues.

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
To those asking about compatibalitiy with the CC and 1/4TFSI - We don't anticipate any fitment concerns with this, perhaps a slight modiciation to the silicone charge pipes

s word

Ready to race!
To those asking about compatibalitiy with the CC and 1/4TFSI - We don't anticipate any fitment concerns with this, perhaps a slight modiciation to the silicone charge pipes

FYI, when I installed S3 intercooler on my CC there was all sorts of wrong info out there. All the connecting hoses I used were stock (trimmed of metal ends on IC connecting side) and everything fit perfectly fine.

I imagine those fitment issues seen in a few places came up because someone cut their hose instead of just trimming the metal off.

Are GTI and CC hoses the same? if they are your kit comes with replacements right? Kinda interested in this. If price is right I will be fitment dummy.

eduardot

Ready to race!
From SPMs facebook:

As promised, here is official pricing on our upcoming redesigned intercooler kit!! This kit will retail at $695, but if you pre-order you will pay the introductory price of $650!

Additional photos, data, and pre-order date will be released soon.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
$695?.....Touche SPM....Touche.

A_Bowers

will the "old" one still be available at <$600???? ....GREAT price and still a nice product....

No. I believe it has been discontinued. It is still a great unit and will probably be a steal to pick up from someone who is buying this new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.