GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

ynej

Hi, can somebody help me. I got a Golf 2011. I installed LED lights license plate. And now I get an error. How to remove this error? Thanks in advance for help

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off or turn down the volume of the turn signals?

I was able to do this in my 2012 Mazda3 but I have not found anything on this for the MK6 GTI's.

HailToTheKing

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off or turn down the volume of the turn signals?

I was able to do this in my 2012 Mazda3 but I have not found anything on this for the MK6 GTI's.

I thought the turn signal "volume" was just a relay that makes a clicking noise whenever the connection is made and broken. if that's the case, different relays produce different volumes. my turn signal indicator was super quiet when I first got the car but has gradually gotten louder.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Getting rid of the bulb out warning for the side markers

Did this on a buddy's 2010 GTI, so hope it's compatible across all years. The particular car also had LED taillights.

To get rid of the bulb out error if you take out the side marker bulbs go to:
Central Electronics --> Long coding helper --> Byte 27 --> check bit 2.

it's an option for LED DRLs, has a really long name. If you have a 12+ GTI then it should already be enabled

Cycle ignition off and on if the check bulb light is already on, and it should not appear.

quality_sound

hmm.......
I thought the turn signal "volume" was just a relay that makes a clicking noise whenever the connection is made and broken. if that's the case, different relays produce different volumes. my turn signal indicator was super quiet when I first got the car but has gradually gotten louder.

It is the sound of the relay and can't be turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
It is the sound of the relay and can't be turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if there is any way to modify the relay to not make any noise. I am going to do some research.

Burn

It's just a plastic little cube, not sure about available space, but you could easily wrap it in some noise foam or something.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I changed my comfort signal from 3 to 5 but somehow, it revert back to 3 after sometime!! Now, whenever I change it to 5, the value stays at 5 but it signals 3 times only. :confused:

Burn

I changed my comfort signal from 3 to 5 but somehow, it revert back to 3 after sometime!! Now, whenever I change it to 5, the value stays at 5 but it signals 3 times only. :confused:

Been a while since I did this... Are you using only one key? Or both keys? Not sure it matters.

After performing the Vag steps, are you going back into the MFI?

Settings>Lights & Vision>Factory Setting>'OK'

- I copied that off Vortex... May have to cycle vehicle power.. Hope the helps.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Been a while since I did this... Are you using only one key? Or both keys? Not sure it matters.

After performing the Vag steps, are you going back into the MFI?

Settings>Lights & Vision>Factory Setting>'OK'

- I copied that off Vortex... May have to cycle vehicle power.. Hope the helps.

I haven't done this when it worked before. But I'll give it a try and hope it works.

Thanks buddy.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
update this one to say "celebration" for the newer cars. 2013 at least.

Instruments: Gauge Cluster Staging a.k.a Gauge Sweep
Descripton: When you turn your ignition to on, the gauges will "Sweep" to max, and then fall back to zero
Note: Does not work on G clusters, you can see which one you have in an autoscan under Instruments. It's the last letter of the part no.
Go to Adaptation in Instruments
Choose "Staging"
Set new value to "active"
Pic tutorial: Staging

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
update this one to say "celebration" for the newer cars. 2013 at least.

Instruments: Gauge Cluster Staging a.k.a Gauge Sweep
Descripton: When you turn your ignition to on, the gauges will "Sweep" to max, and then fall back to zero
Note: Does not work on G clusters, you can see which one you have in an autoscan under Instruments. It's the last letter of the part no.
Go to Adaptation in Instruments
Choose "Staging"
Set new value to "active"
Pic tutorial: Staging

It's called celebration in VAG-COM? I'll have to check. Maybe they updated the software and changed the language.