GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
My only problem is there's dust in my lenses so when they are on and u look at them from the side you can see lots of dust in the lenses

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
My only problem is there's dust in my lenses so when they are on and u look at them from the side you can see lots of dust in the lenses

Is it really that noticeable? If so takepics and send them to dose.

See if he can get them replaced for you or tell you how to clean them.

Jeff

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!

That's a first... I suggest opening the turn signal and blowing compressed air in the lights in the Turn signal socket and where the wires are. That may help, unfortunately there isn't a way to keep them free of dust (any light for that fact) especially since they aren't a sealed enclosure.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Is that just the haze that you see on the lense when you look at the lights from side on?
When you go behind it seems fine.
That's the only issue I have and it doesn't bother me much and has been there since day one (21 months ago).
I can see how it may be described as dusty. I figure it's just something with the lense being smooth and the lights being set back.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Is that just the haze that you see on the lense when you look at the lights from side on?
When you go behind it seems fine.
That's the only issue I have and it doesn't bother me much and has been there since day one (21 months ago).
I can see how it may be described as dusty. I figure it's just something with the lense being smooth and the lights being set back.

Like an optical illusion or something?

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion

Yayayayayayyayayayaya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
how does the rear foglight work? do i need vagcom or a euro switch?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
how does the rear foglight work? do i need vagcom or a euro switch?

If you straight swap the lights the rear fog light will come on when you put the car in reverse.
You need to code the car (using vagcom) to stop this happening (details in this thread - eg. byte 18 to 15 if halogen fronts).
Then it doesnt work at all.
It is also a non-removeable LED.

To get use of the rear fog light you have to get a euroswitch and a trigger wire (two of them if you also want to utilise the front parking lights setting).
You need to wire the trigger wires to the black cecem under the dash and do some wiring swaps between the black and brown cecms (details and instructions are elsewhere in the forum).
Then you will be able to use the euro switch to enable the rear to come on when you pull out the switch two notches and you get an orange indication light come on in the instrument cluster.

EDIT:
The rear fog light is a bright red led light - it should be mandatory worldwide! Aids visibility for cars behind to see you better in foggy (and low visibility) conditions.

No soldering required - the trigger wires just click in. Make sure to flip up the clip on the cars headlight switch wiring harness to make it easy to push in the trigger wires.
Getting the wires out of the CECMs are a pain in the ass. Best to use pins into the harness small holes at the bottom to push the wire (and wire pin) out of the harness. And its very awkward working down there. Need to cut some of the wiring black tape back to get room to swap the wires.

The wiring to be done for the rear fog:
I'm sure there are other threads with pictures etc. Here is a good one

1. install trigger wire from euro switch pin #7 to black cecm pin# 17
  2. move wire from black cecm pin #28 to brown cecm pin #47
  3. move wire from brown cecm pin #47 to black cecm pin #28
  4. vagcom coding under 09 central electronics, byte 18, change to either "04" or "21" (for bi-xenon fronts) or "15" (for halogen fronts)

For the front parking lights you need another trigger wire installed from euro switch pin #3 to black cecm pin #19.
Trigger wire (also known as repair wire) part number is 000979009E.

See here for more on installing euroswitch and trigger wires

Last edited:

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
If you straight swap the lights the rear fog light will come on when you put the car in reverse.
You need to code the car (using vagcom) to stop this happening (details in this thread - eg. byte 18 to 15 if halogen fronts).

To get use of the rear fog light you have to get a euroswitch and a trigger wire (two of them if you also want to utilise the front parking lights setting).
You need to wire the trigger wires to the black cecem under the dash and do some wiring swaps between the black and brown cecms (details and instructions are elsewhere in the forum).
Then you will be able to use the euro switch to enable the rear to come on when you pull out the switch two notches and you get an orange indication light come on in the instrument cluster.

Thanks xD! I have stickied your comment in post 1 to answer this question. Can you do me a favor and edit your comment to include what Euro Fog is? It would help greatly...

Your help is greatly appreciated by many!!!!

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Would be helpful too if you could post a link to the posts your talking about so folks can have a quick reference.

What color are the rear fogs? The Euro switch isnt expensive, is soldering of wires involved here? Just curious.

The tails do look nice. I may have to get some next batch that comes in. 2 year warranty against defects and LED failures right Dose?

Jeff

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
If i dont have euro switch can i still run these has a plug in play? option 1 is the one im looking at dark cherry right

Status
Not open for further replies.