GOLFMKV

Sprint booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!

rigti9

Ready to race!
never heard of it... looks interesting tho.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
sounds like it just sends false throttle signals - it basically tells the car you're giving it more throttle than you are. This makes it "feel" faster.

Skip. My right foot does the same thing for far less cash.

Also, Perurlance is a made up word, or at best badly translated.

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
This is your sprint booster on crack for a quarter of the price. Fully adjustable on how "sensitive" you want the pedal to feel.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
This is your sprint booster on crack for a quarter of the price. Fully adjustable on how "sensitive" you want the pedal to feel.

is it worth paying money for it?

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
Absolutely not $200+. It feels nice. The throttle response is there. Like right there. When i have it set at its max setting its too sensitive and just feels like it wants to go every where. Not too controlled, but at the setting i have it now feels pretty good. You got to relearn the car a bit cause its harder to shift and keep the shifts smooth. It also has a normal mode feature where i can shut it off and the car will be to OEM spec. Compared to that (OEM) there is quiet a bit of a difference in how the car feels with this and how far i got to put the pedal down before the car realizes "o you want to go, give me a sec". I'd get it but not at sprint boosting prices. Cool little toy to play with. Dont expect 20+hp from it though.

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
I think i know about the venom a little. Its supposed to increase power also and do a lot, tune, bla bla....this does only 1 thing and 1 thing only and its doing a pretty good job so far.

siagolf

Ready to race!
here's the sprint booster's guts explained in detail: http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

summary: it's essentially an amplifier for the electronic signal that your throttle pedal sends to your throttle sensor on the TB. it absolutely does not create any power -- it just improves throttle response by boosting the signal your pedal is sending to your throttle sensor. for example, if you're throttle position is requesting 5% open, the SB will boost that 5% to 20%.

.5lambo -- who's the maker of that unit? I've seen it around mostly for JDM cars but forget the manufacturer right now...a link to a MK6 specific version would be great!

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Well in all honesty i hate it when u use launch control and there is like a second delay before teh car actually decides to launch.

If i could eliminate this it would be awesome.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
summary: it's essentially an amplifier for the electronic signal that your throttle pedal sends to your throttle sensor on the TB. it absolutely does not create any power -- it just improves throttle response by boosting the signal your pedal is sending to your throttle sensor. for example, if you're throttle position is requesting 5% open, the SB will boost that 5% to 20%.

what about when the throttle is at 100% does it go farther to say 120% or does it just reach 100% quciker and pushing the throttle all the way is equal to pushing it 80%?

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
Pretty much exactly what Siagolf said. When the throttle is at 100% it stays at 100% though. The ECU wont let the throttle go past that...its not like your thorttle plate is going to open any further. When you hook it up you have to sort of calibrate it and the D1 spec throttle controller will read what i am guessing is how much voltage the pedal is getting/giving then according to that it determines how much to amplify.

If i was to hit the pedal a quarter of the way the throttle is opened up about 60%. If i move the pedal about a quarter of an inch its more at 30% or so.

I bought it from zenaracing.com. I was emailing them back and forth to figure out if it will work with my car for a couple weeks. They sent me pictures of the harness and what not and i went ahead and bought it based upon my judgment.

I'd see this more enjoyable in a car with DSG since you aren't shifting.

Last edited:

siagolf

Ready to race!
what about when the throttle is at 100% does it go farther to say 120% or does it just reach 100% quciker and pushing the throttle all the way is equal to pushing it 80%?

it reaches 100% actual opening quicker...i *think* when your pedal is sending 75% open, sprint booster will boost the signal to 100% already...I forget the exact numbers but the PDF that I linked too has them. it won't go past 100%.

.5Lambo -- based on the harness, it was direct plug'n'play? If you can PM me the contact person you dealt with at zenaracing, that'd be greatly appreciated as well. I like this option better as it gives more options to sensitivity...although apparently SB came out with a new version that has similar functionality, although not as many settings.

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
Direct plug n play. Once the instructions are followed that come with the kit you will be golden. Not sure if its the same for gti though. I got the paper in my car where it shows a list of cars that use the same harness as ours. Im pretty sure its the same though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.