Any diy for baking open the headlights?

Sent via my hairs.

I got a question, on the second post it says this:

LED DRL and FOG light DRL at the same time

to have JUST LED DRL:

same as above with this one exception:

BYTE 14 - is 09 (check bit 3

Quote from MMM.PWR

For the line that says Byte 14 is 09, where do I put in the 09 part or where does the "09" come into play? I want to disable the fogs and use only the LEDs as DRL.

Anyone?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Its not that simple.
Look through the bytes and at 24 or 27 and set the DRL as position lights. This will set the LEDs as DRLs (since they are on the parking light wiring).
You will loose the LEDS when the low beams are on then - unless you add the wire jumper in the connector harness.

Has anyone replaced the turn signal bulb on the non led ones?

What bulb is it? I think it's an t15, but I'm not sure as I cannot get my hand to fit inside it. I have a feeling they will burnout soon, and I want to get an led replacement but I'm not sure if it will throw a code or not.

Ed, thoughts?

asianxtreme

I have two questions: (for chrome w/ LEDs)

1) I'm not sure where/when I can get vagcom yet. Do I need to have coding done if I don't mind temporarily having an error light?

2) In regards to having both the LED and low beam (or high beam) on at the same time, what "wire jumper" are people referring to? Where can I get one and how to install?

FYI: I am a complete newb.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
1) no but you should get the coding done correctly. It's not all for the error light when it comes to the headlights. Do you research on where locally will do VCDS coding for you. Make sure you bring them the exactly and correct coding instructions.

2) the LEDs are on the parking light circuit. They are on when low beam and high beam is on. They are not on (as standard) as drls. You can code using VCDS to have the LEDs as drl but you will then not have then on with low and high beam. You add a piece of wire (referred to as the jumper wire) into certain pins on the cars headlight connector block to enable the LEDs be on as drls and also on with low and high beam. You need to code correctly for this too. You get the bit of wire anywhere. There is no specific type. Read through the many threads in the forum for plenty of details and installation instructions on all of this.

asianxtreme

1) no but you should get the coding done correctly. It's not all for the error light when it comes to the headlights. Do you research on where locally will do VCDS coding for you. Make sure you bring them the exactly and correct coding instructions.

2) the LEDs are on the parking light circuit. They are on when low beam and high beam is on. They are not on (as standard) as drls. You can code using VCDS to have the LEDs as drl but you will then not have then on with low and high beam. You add a piece of wire (referred to as the jumper wire) into certain pins on the cars headlight connector block to enable the LEDs be on as drls and also on with low and high beam. You need to code correctly for this too. You get the bit of wire anywhere. There is no specific type. Read through the many threads in the forum for plenty of details and installation instructions on all of this.

Thank you. that was very clear.

I think for the time being I will order the lights and install w/o coding...

brianmk6tdi

Wondering if anyone in the central PA area has any experience, and required equipment, to do the coding of these lights on a 2014 TDI with the option 4 lights. Ill buy beer. :thumbsup:

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Ed, I just sent you an email.

What are people doing with their stock halogen headlights after they buy the replicas?

I am thinking about selling them or should I keep them in case I have problems with the replicas down the road?

How much are people selling the OEM halogens headlights for?

MK6RR

Ready to race!
this may be stupid question, but how do we aim the lights? and if so is it possible to aim it through vag com?

spiker369

on air, don't care
this may be stupid question, but how do we aim the lights? and if so is it possible to aim it through vag com?

There are two plastic screw tabs on the housing. One controls up and down, the other left and right. Not possible through vagcom as far as I know.

spiker369

on air, don't care
^ no problem. Don't be surprised though if you start trying to aim the beam more up and all of the sudden it stops and the screw just spins and clicks. For some reason there is a very short throw on how far you can adjust the vertical axis.. which really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.