GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Monthly Germany Meets

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
I hope this takes off as well, Germany's got a load of nice places to visit and drive. We should have a track day at the ring one time - since I'm still a ring virgin :eek:

Ditto, been thinking about going the next week or so. Really want to hit it before weather turns nasty.

TDI110

O_o
The wife bought me a lap around the ring for x-mas and I've been saving it until the R comes in - not long now!! Counting the days until October 8th at 3pm in Wolfsburg

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
For sure, gonna try to make it out on a weekday sometime in the morning or afternoon if possible.

good idea, the weekends are busier. click on the ring logo in my sig for the schedule. or try to plan a weekend to watch an event. they always have something going on whether its a race or historic car run. if you get the whole experience in then you will have more to remember. there is also a drifting track, not sure if youve seen that or not. i always go up to the castle but its never open when im there.lol. how many times have u been to the ring?

TDI110

O_o
I've driven past it on numerous occasions going toward Eastern Germany. When I go it'll be my first time. I've talked with clients who have nice cars/bikes and frequent it. Does driving it virtually on Forza count? :p

It's like an hour from where I live. So it's a shame I haven't gone at all in the last 5 years.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
I've driven past it on numerous occasions going toward Eastern Germany. When I go it'll be my first time. I've talked with clients who have nice cars/bikes and frequent it. Does driving it virtually on Forza count? :p

It's like an hour from where I live. So it's a shame I haven't gone at all in the last 5 years.

its way different than the video games. you can only pass on the left and if you see a faster car behind you put your right blinker on and move to the right to let them pass. check your mirrors every few seconds. watch the safety vids on that nurburgring website. to buy things in the store front for the gp track you need a ring card and put money on it. to buy laps for 26 euros iirc u can use euros to buy them at the nordschliefe entrance ticket booth.
on that same website is locations for spectator spots. my fav spots are by the village of adenau by the corner briedscheid, and then the corner brunnchen.

TDI110

O_o
its way different than the video games. you can only pass on the left and if you see a faster car behind you put your right blinker on and move to the right to let them pass. check your mirrors every few seconds. watch the safety vids on that nurburgring website. to buy things in the store front for the gp track you need a ring card and put money on it. to buy laps for 26 euros iirc u can use euros to buy them at the nordschliefe entrance ticket booth.
on that same website is locations for spectator spots. my fav spots are by the village of adenau by the corner briedscheid, and then the corner brunnchen.

yeah I've watched the videos, iirc you posted quite a few at some point earlier in the year, or even last. I've got a ring card with 1 lap on it and I do plan on putting a few Euro when I go. For all intents and purposes, and according to the schedule, I may hit the ring up on the 16th of October, provided I don't have training that day.

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
Seems like it'll be just the three of us. I'm excited. I haven't been part of any meets since I had my Camaro, but that was over 6 years ago!

I see lots of Siroccos and GTI in the area, part of me have wanted to print off a flyer and stick them under windows and see who shows up.

I have thought about looking up a German forum and see if we can get more people to show up...then I have the issue of not knowing German.