GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Gunkat Car Ownership Feedback Thread for 2015

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
$18k including taxes/reg, everything. I couldn't find a Z06 in the same condition for anything less than $4k more, all-in. I'll be in my car for way less than that and I should be able to hang with Z06s no problem with the top off.

you have 350hp or ? how would that hang with 405hp?

ah, well with taxes, etc, that is understandable, and you got a very nice and clean 2003, so that makese sense :w00t:

Someone holds a grudge...

lol^

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
And if a Z06 has done the same things? ;)

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
And if a Z06 has done the same things? ;)

:laugh:

Yea...well at least I can still beat up on 911's? And my car cost $4k less in total. I doubt I'll feel $4k less performance from it. Even stock, my car is pretty fast. Faster on the track than anything I've owned to date.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word, word - all good mang!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'd get a coupe over a Z06 as well... obviously. Dat trunk too. I could live back there. Although if you aren't DDing it, who cares?

As for the interior, yes it looks like shit and has the steering wheel and stereo from an Astro Van, but at the end of the day, it's comfy and works well. I generally keep my eyes on the road and my phone screen a lot more than my dash.

Jawn, just get that red S2K doe... only problem is he will probably bail.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The Bose system in the Silverado was pretty damn good.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I would put the Bose well under the Beats and about on par with the Mach 460 in the Cobra. It sounds better than the Mach in certain areas, and also sounds worse in others. Depends on what you are listening to.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
My Bose sounds.... ok. Worse than the base GTI system, but it's also 12 year old speakers. It's really tolerable though. I just remember my buddy getting in the car... "Ah, my dad's Astro van and my S10 have the same stereo"

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I have yet to hear a factory system that I would call "good" but many are adequate. I haven't heard a lot of them though.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
My Bose sounds.... ok. Worse than the base GTI system, but it's also 12 year old speakers. It's really tolerable though. I just remember my buddy getting in the car... "Ah, my dad's Astro van and my S10 have the same stereo"

#sunfirelyfe