GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Gunkat Car Ownership Feedback Thread for 2015

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I'd get a coupe over a Z06 as well... obviously. Dat trunk too. I could live back there. Although if you aren't DDing it, who cares?

As for the interior, yes it looks like shit and has the steering wheel and stereo from an Astro Van, but at the end of the day, it's comfy and works well. I generally keep my eyes on the road and my phone screen a lot more than my dash.

Jawn, just get that red S2K doe... only problem is he will probably bail.

So much BINGO^

I will never understand the insane fascination with the interior shit, lol... esp in a more "performance based" car, its like we all want our cake and to eat it too.. well, you're gonna have to pay for that then, lol. It's hard to do when many don't even want to spend more than $25K-$30K, yet complain all day about certain company's interiors.

I think he's gonna do it - after speaking with him, he seems set on selling a "few", and the 03 fits the bill, since he said he wants to keep the 01 - I think because its silver ) and then the other 2 are AP2's, and this is an AP1.. so, Ithink it will be a go.. maybe 90% sure, just need to wait it out. He has to sell this, his 1995 R edition Miata, and perhaps another 1-2 cars, lol.. his Mazda3, etc.

I was very close to going to see the silver M3 again today.. I saw it, and just drove to the CVS nearby instead.. something in my gut said, meh.. maybe move on..and i just didnt feel like dealing with salesdouches right now.

The bose system in my z06 is not terrible.

:word:

The Bose system in the Silverado was pretty damn good.

I've heard worse than the stock Blose in mine...but I've heard better. It certain embodies: "No highs, no lows, must be Blose".

The new systems are actually quite good. The stereo in my ATS is fantastic.

yeah, Farah always says that Bose/Blose thing on the podcast.

Ur Z06 is balls ugly compared to the targa brah.

who's/what? :iono:

Mine has a shit ton of bass for a system without a dedicated subwoofer.

word

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My Bose sounds.... ok. Worse than the base GTI system, but it's also 12 year old speakers. It's really tolerable though. I just remember my buddy getting in the car... "Ah, my dad's Astro van and my S10 have the same stereo"

Reminds me of the life with the golf "do you fit in there"

#poorlyfe

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So much BINGO^

I will never understand the insane fascination with the interior shit, lol... esp in a more "performance based" car, its like we all want our cake and to eat it too.. well, you're gonna have to pay for that then, lol. It's hard to do when many don't even want to spend more than $25K-$30K, yet complain all day about certain company's interiors.

I think he's gonna do it - after speaking with him, he seems set on selling a "few", and the 03 fits the bill, since he said he wants to keep the 01 - I think because its silver ) and then the other 2 are AP2's, and this is an AP1.. so, Ithink it will be a go.. maybe 90% sure, just need to wait it out. He has to sell this, his 1995 R edition Miata, and perhaps another 1-2 cars, lol.. his Mazda3, etc.

I was very close to going to see the silver M3 again today.. I saw it, and just drove to the CVS nearby instead.. something in my gut said, meh.. maybe move on..and i just didnt feel like dealing with salesdouches right now.

:word: on the interior shit. You can have a fast sports car with a nice interior. Go buy a fucking R8 and quit your bitching. Oh, you can't afford one? Buy a GTI and stroke your dash but don't complain when you're plowing at autox.

It just seems weird to me that this guy wants to sell cars to buy a new car in cash but refuses to sell his car because he wants to sell cars to make cash. Dat rich person money logic I don't understand because I'm middle class as fuck?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:word: on the interior shit. You can have a fast sports car with a nice interior. Go buy a fucking R8 and quit your bitching. Oh, you can't afford one? Buy a GTI and stroke your dash but don't complain when you're plowing at autox.

It just seems weird to me that this guy wants to sell cars to buy a new car in cash but refuses to sell his car because he wants to sell cars to make cash. Dat rich person money logic I don't understand because I'm middle class as fuck?

agreed again on the interior, lol.

haha, yes, it is total rich person problems.. he even said at the dinner, "first world problems, right?".. . the issue is the cars are all in storage, I think he may have said at TWO different locations.. he then said he only would swap them out when he went to visit his mom.. but wouldn't drive most of them if any salt is on the road, lol... and his storage "contract" isn't up again for "review/negotation" until April and then again for December...

so yes, rich person insanity.

Bigger is better doe. May as well just trade the turdi for a Nissan Titan.

oh dang.

Fuck it, Jawn. Just go buy a Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet.

:lol: saw like 4 of those on my way to RI this past thanksgiving.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
You mean to tell me four different people actually bought this monstrosity?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It's possible that my car has non-stock speakers, I did buy it used 10 years old after all - but quite frankly it sounds decent. I'm in no hurry to upgrade it besides to add an aux jack.

Have you looked at a pin out? Is there an open input on the back?

#TroyHelpingMeAvoidResearchOnceAgain

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Yeah there are plug and play kits or you can be cool and open the thing up and solder a jack into it to do the mod for $5, there are DIY's on the forum.

I'm feeling kind of lazy though and will probably buy one of the plug and play kits, I think they're ~$75.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
#sausageking

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Mine has a shit ton of bass for a system without a dedicated subwoofer.

Mine has none. Maybe it's the FRC body?

My Bose sounds.... ok. Worse than the base GTI system, but it's also 12 year old speakers. It's really tolerable though. I just remember my buddy getting in the car... "Ah, my dad's Astro van and my S10 have the same stereo"

Dis.

I have yet to hear a factory system that I would call "good" but many are adequate. I haven't heard a lot of them though.

The Mark Levison systems in Lexus are incredible. As are the Acura DLS (I think?) systems.

At the same time, I'm actually impressed with the Blose system in my ATS. Sounded great on the way home tonight. Tons of bass, nice crisp (not shrill) highs. I like it.

It's possible that my car has non-stock speakers, I did buy it used 10 years old after all - but quite frankly it sounds decent. I'm in no hurry to upgrade it besides to add an aux jack.

Could be.

Dis.

YES'TH.

I've seen a few in IL as well.

No way. I've never seen one outside of the Nissan press fleet. And even then, nobody wanted to "review" it.