GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Going back and forth. Doing all 48 would be fine if I had planned it, but to do so means I'll have to take some roundabout routes and add what will likely be 9k more miles. I think I'm going to skip everything east of Texas, plus some of the Midwest (Indiana and Illinois). So 39. I think I'll go Oklahoma/Texas immediately after Colorado, shoot over to Vegas, then California, then follow my original route going up north.
However, the national parks are starting to open up, so I'm going to be adding in Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon for sure. I'll probably see Rushmore while I'm out here.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
There is no 93 in colorado. As long as you dont have some homebrew ghetto tune, you are fine. The ECU will compensate for the 91. No one sells 93 in colorado because at this altitude it is pointless. If you add octane booster you will just be wasting money really.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Lol that's a lot of miles! I'll continue living vicariously through you for now :ROFLMAO:

The tarp/hammock looks real cozy.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Well ya aint missing much down here in Florida. Whole states a giant dumpster fire really, especially lately.
I am missing out on an underbody someone's selling on here. They got it listed 300 shipped and I was gonna try talking them down to 200 picked up. Oh well, not meant to be. Plus I'm poor now so 🤷🏼‍♂️
There is no 93 in colorado. As long as you dont have some homebrew ghetto tune, you are fine. The ECU will compensate for the 91. No one sells 93 in colorado because at this altitude it is pointless. If you add octane booster you will just be wasting money really.
Alright, good. I know there's a difference between recommended octane and required octane, and wasn't sure where tunes fall with that regard. Shit, like I said it still could be a 91 for all I know. I want to see if I can find my title history to contact the previous owner. I know it listed 4 dealerships that owned my car but I don't remember seeing the previous owner

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Oh. SHIT. I have some good news. Back in Kansas I bought some rust penetrating oil and sprayed it all over my problematic running gear in the hopes that it during for a few hours would knock it out. And it did. I'm so beyond excited because this changes all my plans for the better. The unfortunate part is now I have parts on order to this shop, but I'll either run back through on my return through Wyoming or have the shop ship them to me.
For today, though... Well I don't know. I didn't think I'd get this far.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Oh. SHIT. I have some good news. Back in Kansas I bought some rust penetrating oil and sprayed it all over my problematic running gear in the hopes that it during for a few hours would knock it out. And it did. I'm so beyond excited because this changes all my plans for the better. The unfortunate part is now I have parts on order to this shop, but I'll either run back through on my return through Wyoming or have the shop ship them to me.
For today, though... Well I don't know. I didn't think I'd get this far.

PB Blaster? That's what the mid west guys like. I have had good luck with that and liquid wrench.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I am missing out on an underbody someone's selling on here. They got it listed 300 shipped and I was gonna try talking them down to 200 picked up. Oh well, not meant to be. Plus I'm poor now so 🤷🏼‍♂️
I swear these forums are going to make me go broke. Some really good deals have popped up lately, my wallet doesn't approve!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
PB blaster is a miracle. Liquid wrench sounds like a plumbing product

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Can't have good news without bad. Few miles away my ESC light comes on saying fault, and my tire pressure light comes on. I already had it come in earlier, deflated all the tires about 2-4psi, then manually reset the light. Now I checked all the tires and there front right was high again, but it won't let me reset the light. Car drives the same.
Anyone in the Colorado springs area with VAG-COM?

Last edited: