GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bogging inbetween shifts

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I really hope not. This is a widespread issue that nobody has a definite fix for yet. Lets get back ot before we kill all hope

Yes let's...mods if anything just clean it up please don't lock

Back on topic: apa have you read the other threads that discuss this issue? I skimmed through some and saw something about the ECU being overloaded with work as a possible cause? I don't buy that...was there any evidence? I really should go back and read but the thread was huge and it didn't seem like that thread was about this issue. It was just brought up in discussion.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Yes let's...mods if anything just clean it up please don't lock

Back on topic: apa have you read the other threads that discuss this issue? I skimmed through some and saw something about the ECU being overloaded with work as a possible cause? I don't buy that...was there any evidence? I really should go back and read but the thread was huge and it didn't seem like that thread was about this issue. It was just brought up in discussion.
I've read pretty much every thread on this and still haven't been able to find a solution that's 100%. People throw out a bunch of theories such as maf, fuel filter, ecu, intake, throttle body, and so on but none of them seem to work. I'm sure tuners are aware of this problem because it's so damn common, maybe somebody can chime in?.....................

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I've read pretty much every thread on this and still haven't been able to find a solution that's 100%. People throw out a bunch of theories such as maf, fuel filter, ecu, intake, throttle body, and so on but none of them seem to work. I'm sure tuners are aware of this problem because it's so damn common, maybe somebody can chime in?.....................

QFT!

I would think the problem is something software related with the throttle body or gas pedal but that is just my logical thinking guess. I got my car tuned 2 days after I took delivery so I don't know but are stock tune cars having this problem as well?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
yeah, who knows.. I've heard them all, as well has thrown a few of my own out there. A while back, there were people who swore that installing their aftermarket clutch made it go away, and they though it was some clutch "protection" in the software.. all kinds of stuff. Mine seems to have gone away after my meth install, but who knows, I could have had a slight leak in my tb pipe or something, and removing/reinstalling fixed it. It's really up in the air. It's been years, yet noone has pinpointed it

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
QFT!

I would think the problem is something software related with the throttle body or gas pedal but that is just my logical thinking guess. I got my car tuned 2 days after I took delivery so I don't know but are stock tune cars having this problem as well?

Yes, I can attest to mine suffering from this issue on stock software.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Like stock before you ever got tuned or after you got flashed while running APR stock mode?

Both. Factory Config 2012 6M. Honestly haven't tested APR's stock software but I'm guessing it'll be mirrored. Could be a hardware issue guys; I mean if the big tuning company's are aware (it's obvious) and no solution had been developed, what gives?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I have this problem also.
quick shift from 3-4 = no boost for several seconds , unless you lift off then reapply the pedal. basically feels like the stock soft revlimiter.

also sometimes get hard fuel cut going from 3-4. i have seen in vcds the injector pulse-width go to zero when this happens. its hard to catch when logging as the problem is very intermittent. i think that these are two different problems though. i got the hard fuel cut even when stock. the no boost to boost issue only started after moars' power k04 install.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Subscribed because having same issues, APR Stage 1. Feels like a cut of power almost and then goes full bore again. No idea what causes this. Hope to get some answers here!

Same issue here (APR Stage 2) and it has got to be the most annoying thing ever. I made a post here about it also and have attempted to run logs but it would never duplicate when I had my laptop hooked up.
It got to the point that if it was cold outside, it would do it every time. But since it has gotten warmer, it rarely does it (but it does still happen). Unsure if ambient temperature has anything to do with it though.

I have N2MB's WOT Box and this issue has never occured when I NLS, but it could just be a coincidence.

Either way, there are enough people all having the same issue... we need a solution!

To the people this is happening to: Are you stock or tuned? If tuned, what company? (in case it is a tune related issue)

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Don't think I've ever experienced this. 2011, 2DR, 6MT, mods in sig (but only been modded since late March). 17100 miles.

Florida is warm, and I don't drive too much.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Same issue here (APR Stage 2) and it has got to be the most annoying thing ever. I made a post here about it also and have attempted to run logs but it would never duplicate when I had my laptop hooked up.
It got to the point that if it was cold outside, it would do it every time. But since it has gotten warmer, it rarely does it (but it does still happen). Unsure if ambient temperature has anything to do with it though.

I have N2MB's WOT Box and this issue has never occured when I NLS, but it could just be a coincidence.

Either way, there are enough people all having the same issue... we need a solution!

To the people this is happening to: Are you stock or tuned? If tuned, what company? (in case it is a tune related issue)
It's not a coincidence, a wot box is actually a legitimate fix for this because the throttle doesn't close when you're wot shifting. That's not a good enough fix for everybody though. You all shouldn't have to buy WOT boxes to fix this stupid issue... there has to be another solution.

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Just went through this whole thread again and it seems like pretty much everyone on here is APR tuned. Probably just a coincidence though, anyone with other tunes dealing with this?