GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's a3 build thread

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
FINALLY GOT IT!! Looks hella OEM+!! sline badge installed

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
looks great! posted on your 'tex thread too - yes, please let me know how the heck you put it on!! lol... I unscrewed the top 3 bolts on the grille but it wont move that far and I'm not even sure the one I have will work properly.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah, see I have a Quattro badge... I wonder if that's the problem.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
looks great! posted on your 'tex thread too - yes, please let me know how the heck you put it on!! lol... I unscrewed the top 3 bolts on the grille but it wont move that far and I'm not even sure the one I have will work properly.

i think in ur situation best thing is to remove the quatrro badge with some fishing line and 3m tape this one on...... did u get the same badge as me??? if so u would want to remove the quattro badge, it has some clips in the back, first things first u gotta remove those clips i guess.... to install it u need to first put on the clips with ur fingers onto the grill..... make sure u dont drop them in there! and then when u have the clips on the grill (on the horizontal piece)....you slide the badge WHILE PUSHING ON THE CLIPS FROM BEHIND SO THEY DONT FALL OFF and it should slide right into place...... my gf helped me with mine because she has smaller fingers to fit in the grill....... i also just removed mine and will be installing it again today because the clips i got are just bare metal so im going to paint them so they dont rust. ill try and post pics of the process so u can see what i mean.

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Heres a DIY I came up with for attaching the sline badge to newer a3 models:

DIY ON INSTALLING SLINE EMBLEM ON NEW A3 MODELS:

heres a pic of the badge that I used:

First and formost I received the badge but the clips to connect it were just plain metal. So in order for it to not rust I painted them with Valspar max Anti Rust black gloss paint.

Heres the tricky part. You might need someone with small fingers to do this next step. I used my girlfriend!

Note: You want to bend the clips a little wider so when you attach them to the grille it wont be super tight.

You want to install the clips with the long piece downwards and the two teeth uptop. Slide the clip into the grill and make sure to not drop it and clip the clip onto the horizontal bar. Make sure when you clip the clips to the grill you keep referring to the badge so it can line up.

Next you want to push the badge onto the grill with simultaneously holding the back of the clips and push them together

Once you feel it tighten this should be the result

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
damn... the backing of mine is different. I've asked ECS if I can return it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lame balls. Maybe ill just sell it on ebay or something, I dunno. Or just go through with prying off the Quattro metal piece and replacing it with the S line one. I would think/hope some silicone adhesive would do the trick maybe.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
lame balls. Maybe ill just sell it on ebay or something, I dunno. Or just go through with prying off the Quattro metal piece and replacing it with the S line one. I would think/hope some silicone adhesive would do the trick maybe.

ya 3M makes something... its called 3M Molding tape..... i had it on my euro plate for the longest time. Super strong hold

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
thanks dude^, maybe I will just try that.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Lookn good!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and 22" RAMZ?