GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Discharge Pipe Review + Dyno before & after

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Did he test the AWE unit or the Neuspeed?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Better seal? Its usues the OE coupling. If it leaks its not because of awe's design.

The AWE unit is just a little off.... lots of people have leaks with them

P

plac

Better seal? Its usues the OE coupling. If it leaks its not because of awe's design.

he's talking about the seat housing which the stock cooler goes into. I would trust Neuspeed quality more than AWE also..The AWE S3 hose kit was also terrible, and cocked sideways in the metal seat.

fabio1

Ready to race!
Did he test the AWE unit or the Neuspeed?

THAT is an AWE tuning pipe, so the review is completely misleading. Neuspeed has a much thicker aluminum rim on it.

this is not a misleading review at all. i miss the picture because i get one from the web to compare them. i didn realised that was from Awe. The one i installed is from NEUSPEED. Pls UNDERSTAND my Newbie error and do not confuse people that read this review. is clear and simply. IS THE NEUSPEED one NOT awe :)

i said:

sorry i take another picture from the web. lbecause i forgot to take a picture to compare them. let me correct this :)

this is my seccond review. im not used to do this. so i forget perfect steps for perfect review.. not like you plac ;)

PEACE & LOVE for everyone! :)

P

plac

well thats better since you removed that AWE box in the pic then. Glad you got the better pipe, which is indeed the Neuspeed.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Well maybe im the only one with a awe top that doesnt leak.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Wow! Nearly 10hp on the dyno!? Impressive and surprising! I didn't think there was much left to do beyond a normal stage 2 setup with supporting mods. I have a Carbonio intake, S3 IC, downpipe, and stage 2 file. I kind of figured that was tops for the OEM turbo. Hmmmm... more ponies? Dammit!

Thank you very much for the quantitative test as opposed to the butt dyno. Back to back same day dyno results for the win! :thumbsup:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
that is very impressive, im in on the group buy, now i wonder if there is a difference for the air charge pipe, from intercooler to throttle body by neuspeed

yunone

Ready to race!
i was asked to post these questions here from the GB thread in hopes more people will be able to answer the questions for people unfamiliar with the products

Thank you Fabio for your review and dyno numbers, thats impressive data for a couple hundred bucks.

Can someone explain what both of these products do in laymans terms? If i am reading the advertising correctly and the posts i have read lead me to believe just faster airflow.

Are this disadvantages to these higher velocity parts? (Why didnt VW do this from the get go?)

If you had to choose one of the two, what should a person buy if they are APR/GIAC/UNI stage 1?

I think i have summed up the questions in this thread, least for me

Thanks in advance

fabio1

Ready to race!
Wow! Nearly 10hp on the dyno!? Impressive and surprising! I didn't think there was much left to do beyond a normal stage 2 setup with supporting mods. I have a Carbonio intake, S3 IC, downpipe, and stage 2 file. I kind of figured that was tops for the OEM turbo. Hmmmm... more ponies? Dammit!

Thank you very much for the quantitative test as opposed to the butt dyno. Back to back same day dyno results for the win! :thumbsup:

a friend of mine, that cames to the dyno day also, has a jetta mk6 2.0 tsi APR stage 2+ (repro+TBE).. his number was 270 hp... APR said 273 hp.. not bad.

when i came close it to him on the numbers he wanted to kill himself :D

USD 220 Neuspeed discharge pipe VS more than USD 1000 for a TBE :lol:

268 HP VS 270 HP :happyanim:

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

I installed my Neuspeed TOP a few weeks ago. I opted for the 2011 Audi TT version which uses a hose clamp interface on the output instead of the factory snap-fit thing. I mostly did it so that i could upgrade to this more secure fitting.

The car felt snappy, now i know why!

Also, the fit and quality was top notch. The metal coupler that goes up into the turbo outlet fit like a glove.