GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Discharge Pipe Review + Dyno before & after

balius

Go Kart Champion
Stock tune or stage 1 max shouldn't bother with this? I'm looking for more hardware upgrades at this point and would gladly spend a little for more daily driving power

OP is Stage 1 with an intake and he got +10hp from this.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
OP, awesome numbers. Were your graphs the averages of a few runs without then with the discharge pipe? Also, was your car warm when you got on the dyno the first time?

Reason I ask is that AWE claims 5.75 crank hp for their TOP. You got about double that, which is a lot for a piece that's essentially the same.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
And a small point....the Neuspeed adapter is larger than the OEM coupler (that you reuse on the AWE TOP)

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Why doesnt neuspeed show number gains on their website?

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
No clue man.

The part is obviously bigger than the OEM pipe, and even AWE shows a gain from upgrading to theirs.
So there is a gain....just Neuspeed never dyno'd it (?). Just refer to the dyno graph on page 1 of this thread is all I can tell you

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
We saw more or less the same here in SA when testing before and after, around 10bhp increase, and another 5bhp or so with the addition of the TBP.

speed

Ready to race!
upon installation of my DP, my mechanic suggested that I should change this pipe as well to couple the IC upgrade. question though, can I just get this one first? I'm going stage 2 tune soon and I just want to know which ones to get first. (i.e. mounts, IC, now this)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah it doesn't matter which one you get.
Most people start with the Turbo Discharge/Outlet Pipe though

The only thing that matters is if you plan on upgrading the intercooler hoses as well (i.e. different connections)....then that could play a role.

So plan out your mods in advance

But if you were planning on an APR intercooler in the future, let's say for example, it wouldn't matter with either pipes.

speed

Ready to race!
Yeah it doesn't matter which one you get.
Most people start with the Turbo Discharge/Outlet Pipe though

The only thing that matters is if you plan on upgrading the intercooler hoses as well (i.e. different connections)....then that could play a role.

So plan out your mods in advance

But if you were planning on an APR intercooler in the future, let's say for example, it wouldn't matter with either pipes.

oh ok, thanks for the tip bro. I was totally under the impression they would fit anyway I go about it. I'm planning to get the SPM IC. heck, this forum writes me my shopping list.