GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Discharge Pipe Review + Dyno before & after

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

I installed my Neuspeed TOP a few weeks ago. I opted for the 2011 Audi TT version which uses a hose clamp interface on the output instead of the factory snap-fit thing. I mostly did it so that i could upgrade to this more secure fitting.

The car felt snappy, now i know why!

Also, the fit and quality was top notch. The metal coupler that goes up into the turbo outlet fit like a glove.

sweet, definitely confirms that this mod is worthy...before everyone was so skeptical about this even giving any power at all

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
USD 220 Neuspeed discharge pipe VS more than USD 1000 for a TBE

My catted and resonated down pipe was only $560, but who's counting. The TOP is still an impressive gain for the money! :thumbup:

Added to stage 2 setups should be even better! :happyanim:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Can someone explain what both of these products do in laymans terms?

If i am reading the advertising correctly and the posts i have read lead me to believe just faster airflow. -- pretty much correct, these parts remove some of the kinks and "disrupted" air flow , allowing everything to "breathe" better -- faster turbo spooling and quicker throttle response are the main results

Are this disadvantages to these higher velocity parts? (Why didnt VW do this from the get go?) - COST SAVINGS ....have you seen the PLASTIC "pancake" pipe?? hard to believe that is a production part!!

If you had to choose one of the two, what should a person buy if they are APR/GIAC/UNI stage 1? up to you really..... personally I'd say the discharge pipe, but it's interesting that NEUSPEED states "this is a MUST for any chipped TSI engine" about the Charge Pipe!

just my .02 :)

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
If you had to choose one of the two, what should a person buy if they are APR/GIAC/UNI stage 1?
Thanks in advance

Option C, Down pipe.

You are welcome.

fabio1

Ready to race!

If i am reading the advertising correctly and the posts i have read lead me to believe just faster airflow. -- pretty much correct, these parts remove some of the kinks and "disrupted" air flow , allowing everything to "breathe" better -- faster turbo spooling and quicker throttle response are the main results

Are this disadvantages to these higher velocity parts? (Why didnt VW do this from the get go?) - COST SAVINGS ....have you seen the PLASTIC "pancake" pipe?? hard to believe that is a production part!!

If you had to choose one of the two, what should a person buy if they are APR/GIAC/UNI stage 1? up to you really..... personally I'd say the discharge pipe, but it's interesting that NEUSPEED states "this is a MUST for any chipped TSI engine" about the Charge Pipe!

+1

Power delivered by Discharge pipe is CONFIRM :D

if i get the hi flo pipe i will do the same.. i sent a email to neuspeed to see is can give me some benfit.... :lol: but if im thinking on put BSH methanol that includes the Integrated Throttle Pipe has two ports already added for the nozzles that come in the Snow Performance Kit INSTED Hi flo (neuspeed one)

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

jmnj

Ready to race!
Charge Pipe

To all interested...if you buy a Charge Pipe/Throttle Body Pipe you need to wrap it with insulating tape or some form of heat shield.

The TBP sits right behind the radiator and gets blasted with heat. I used DEI Cool Tape.

RSWorx would not install my Neuspeed TBP because of the heat warming the air passing through the pipe.

So, I wrapped it myself and installed it...:D

Last edited:

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
To all interested...if you buy a Charge Pipe/Throttle Body Pipe you need to wrap it with insulating tape or some form of heat shield.

The TBP sits right behind the radiator and gets blasted with heat. I used DEI Cool Tape.

RSWorx would not install my Neuspeed TBP because of the heat warming the air passing through the pipe.

So, I wrapped it myself and installed it...:D

Hrmm interesting point. It is right up near the engine as well. I'll wrap mine one of these days.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Here's some clarification on the two different Neuspeed TOPs:

GTI:
http://www.neuspeed.com/118/0/0/1619/480271-hi-flo-turbo-discharge-conversion-tsi.html

2011 Audi TT:
http://www.neuspeed.com/269/0/0/2852/480274-hi-flo-turbo-discharge-conversion.html

The GTI one has the factory style snap fit connection on the outlet. The Audi TT (2011+) has a hose clamp interface. You can presumably use a 2011+ S3 intercooler hose on it if you have a nonstock intercooler with a hose clamp interface. I'm running an earlier S3 hose with the snap-fit connection cut off and clamped to the TOP because that's what i had going to my stock pancake pipe. I'm using an S3 intercooler.

Last edited:

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Audi tt one also looks like there is no bottleneck compared to the gti at the end of the pipe

more secure seal also....QD's are stupid.

yunone

Ready to race!

Fantastic! thank you for the additional confirmation and opinion, helps me move towards spending some bucks soon.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Stock tune or stage 1 max shouldn't bother with this? I'm looking for more hardware upgrades at this point and would gladly spend a little for more daily driving power