GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Orleans GTI: MK6 CSG, 6MT 5 door

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
Thanks bro. Hope to have a few REAL mods on it in time for the lakefront meet. I'll never catch you though lol :thumbsup:

Man there are so many R's that are way ahead of me on the mod list lol I'm just building what I want. OEM Plus is what I'm going for.

Faster then the past so I'm living in the present.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Progress is looking good so far man :thumbsup: Do you have a link for the trim for the grille? I am looking to paint the chrome piece I have on there now, but is may be easier to just replace it with a new one.

Sure do bro: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK4-MK5-MK6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a63932e07&vxp=mtr

If you're talking about replacing the pinstripe on the grill, then this won't be wide enough. I wish it was wider too because it would match better in the lower grill, but I still like it. When I installed it I tried to cram it too much into the space to make it look like it's supposed to be there, but now I want to re-do it and not push it in so much so you can see more of it. It'll stand out better that way. Still have half of my spool left. Not bad for $10.

Man there are so many R's that are way ahead of me on the mod list lol I'm just building what I want. OEM Plus is what I'm going for.

Yea but you have an amazing start to be such a new car! I'm driving myself crazy over here on the next move. Decided against EJ TBE, then decided screw it let's tune it... then today it hit 90 in NOLA and the car felt like a turtle in it. I mean the heatsoak was terrible. So now trying to decide if I should still tune, get S3 or APR... or EJ IC. UGH! :confused:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Installed optic blue lamin-x on fogs today. Undecided if I really like it. Will post pics after I wash her up tomorrow.

isons429

Ready to race!
Sure do bro: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK4-MK5-MK6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a63932e07&vxp=mtr

If you're talking about replacing the pinstripe on the grill, then this won't be wide enough. I wish it was wider too because it would match better in the lower grill, but I still like it. When I installed it I tried to cram it too much into the space to make it look like it's supposed to be there, but now I want to re-do it and not push it in so much so you can see more of it. It'll stand out better that way. Still have half of my spool left. Not bad for $10.

Thanks man! Sadly they do not have a white pinstripe which is what I am looking for. Have tried searching for it, but so far no luck. Thanks again.

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
I'm looking at a fmic too along with a down pipe. The heat down here is crazy in the summer plus super humid on top of that.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking at a fmic too along with a down pipe. The heat down here is crazy in the summer plus super humid on top of that.

It was so hard to pass up the Eurojet TBE.... was 850!!!! But this heat is KILLING the car. Think im about to do it big and correct with APR ic and also grab the intake. Will solve my heat problems for the summer then grab a tune on the summer sale.

Hopefully IC + intake + wax + R tails received and installed by the meet. We shall see!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Lamin-x installed. Not sure if I like it or not though. Opinions?

Car is covered in bugs even after detail.. need some good bug gut remover that's safe!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Just looking through your buld thread. Looks well!
I picked up the exact same car two days before you - but with DSG.
Gonna order my lamin-x side marker stuff now. You talked me into it!

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Just looking through your buld thread. Looks well!
I picked up the exact same car two days before you - but with DSG.
Gonna order my lamin-x side marker stuff now. You talked me into it!

I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger myself and order tonight. Let me know how you like them!

LED interior lights installed today. Pics added to 1st page. Looks SOOOOO nice.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Upcoming stuff...

Today: TINT APPOINTMENT!
Today: Audi S3 euro shifter scheduled to arrive. Not sure if I'll install this over the weekend or wait for intake.
Today: Ordered Racing Dash LED Plate Light kit from ECS
April 28th: Professional detail/wax appointment
April 29th: First big car meet
Status Update: R Tails are crossing the pond as we speak :)

Debating ordering carbonio intake or just stage 1 tuning it next week. Talked to Arin @ APR yesterday on the phone and he helped calm my concerns with heat in New Orleans on stage 1. He said the software will actually dial back the power as the heat rises, so to my surprise, the software is even safer than I originally thought.

Last edited: