GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Orleans GTI: MK6 CSG, 6MT 5 door

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!
Haha, everytime I look at your thread or see your posts, I'm like damn him! It always seems like we are looking at or doing similar things. I will say I did the apr stage 1 intake yesterday and you may also want to consider other options. It's a nice piece but not sure it's worth the price unless looks are high on your concern list. Real quiet, not much difference in power (no intake will be on its own really) but it does feel smoother throttle wise maybe. But if you do want it get it while the sale is on and save a bit. Just my 2 cents. And nice work, I can't wait to see how your turns out!

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Nice build. Sub'd.

Thanks man. Can't wait until I've got some REAL progress done :thumbsup:

Haha, everytime I look at your thread or see your posts, I'm like damn him! It always seems like we are looking at or doing similar things. I will say I did the apr stage 1 intake yesterday and you may also want to consider other options. It's a nice piece but not sure it's worth the price unless looks are high on your concern list. Real quiet, not much difference in power (no intake will be on its own really) but it does feel smoother throttle wise maybe. But if you do want it get it while the sale is on and save a bit. Just my 2 cents. And nice work, I can't wait to see how your turns out!

LOL! Thanks for the input on the carbonio. I thought it was relatively loud compared to others? The reason I am considering carbonio now instead of later is a) looking for some better engine sounds b) cooler IAT for summer c) it's on sale d) I'd like to have a little something in the engine bay for the big meet on the 29th of this month.

I also figure once I stage 1 tune, if I don't do it this week it'll be as soon as the summer sale starts, at that point I'll have even more of a drastic increase from stock to stage 1. Then I can go straight into getting APR IC and a DP. Then it's ready for stage 2+

Decisions... decisions... it's the worse part of the whole build process! Not what to do, but what order to do it in!

I was also considering picking up a used one, but they usually go for 250 or so and with the sale going on I can get new for like 280... :mad0259::iono:

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!
hit up namotorsports.com call them and you'll be set for 269 total and I got mine in one day!

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!
That's AWESOME. I just checked and only see the intake for the 2.5 Golf/Jetta wagon? You have the link to the 2.0 TSI carbonio??

Just give them a call, that is what I did. Super friendly and great to work with.

EGarII

Ready to race!
Very nice job on your build. Did you install the lamin-x on headlights as well? If so, how was the process? I'm interested in doing that but I don't know if I can do it correctly.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Very nice job on your build. Did you install the lamin-x on headlights as well? If so, how was the process? I'm interested in doing that but I don't know if I can do it correctly.

Thanks! No, I didn't install lamin-x on headlights. Just fogs for now. I'm going to be getting Ed's rep lights at some point this summer so that's the reason. When I get the new lights I will definitely install lamin-x on them. Not sure if I'll do optic blue or clear though.

Install was easy enough. You can do a dry install or a wet install. I did the dry install but when I do lights I'll definitely do wet. If you do wet it makes it easier to correct mistakes and line it up correctly. It's just a little more work. Even if you do the dry install though you can peel it back and restick as needed, then just use a razor blade to trim the edges. Took maybe 15 minutes for both fogs doing the dry install. Highly recommend it even if you just go clear for the added protection. Also makes cleaning bug guts off the lights much easier.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Tint installed! 35% all around. Very happy with the work. There's some bubbles and streaks that will take a couple days to clear up but very satisfied. Quick teaser pics for now. One the bubbles and streaks clear up then I'll clean the windows and take better pictures in sunlight. Looks darker than it is in the shade.

Received Audi S4 shifter in the mail today from another member. Will review and post comparison shift pics after install.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Updated pics on 1st page. Repairs on front end complete, color matched side markers complete, and Racing Dash LED Tag lights installed.

Euroshifter going in tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ethereal

Ready to race!
Tint installed! 35% all around. Very happy with the work. There's some bubbles and streaks that will take a couple days to clear up but very satisfied. Quick teaser pics for now. One the bubbles and streaks clear up then I'll clean the windows and take better pictures in sunlight. Looks darker than it is in the shade.

====================================

Where'd you get tinted and did they have to remove your door panels?

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Tint was done at anything audio in kenner. Mixed feelings about it. Great service but there is an issue on passenger side quarter glass. He said if I have any issues ar all then bring back and they will fix any time. Taking it to them this week. Small problem im just being anal.

No don't think they had to take panels off. If they did it was a perfect reinstall.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2