GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone noticed a slight vibration around 3K rpm when engine braking? I'm not getting noise like a SMFW but it's definitely an added NVH and if I push the clutch in it settles quietly immediately. 350 miles on the new Audi TT-RS PP, new Sachs DMFW, new TDI disc, new TOB.

I have stock mounts and never noticed anything like that.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
RSR owners, I love my kit but after 1,500 miles of break in but I have a serious technical question for those with this kit and possibly with aftermarket engine/trans mounts. From the moment the clutch was installed, revving in neutral (clutch pedal depressed or not) or even driving in gear through 1,500-1,800 rpm there is a nasty rotational vibration coming from the engine/trans assembly. When the revs pass 1,800 rpm it smooths out completely. I had a shop review everything, checking my new 034 street trans mount (was installed well before clutch and I didn't have this issue) and making sure everything was tight. In the end I'm getting feedback that the new OEM DMFW may have be imbalanced. Now, was this flywheel dropped or is there some other reason it could be imbalanced or is it the entire clutch assembly together that is somewhat imbalanced, I'm not sure but does this sound like the reason for the vibration? Either way I got the DMFW from Audi and they are giving me a new warrantied flywheel. Before I tear it all down again to install a new DMFW, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
RSR owners, love my kit after 1,500 miles of break in but I have a serious feedback question for those with this kit and engine/trans mounts. When revving in neutral (clutch pedal depressed or not) or even driving in 1st, when the revs pass through 1,500-1,800 rpm there is a nasty rotational vibration. Past 1,800 and it smooths out. Had a shop review everything, checking my 034 street trans mount and making sure everything was tight. In the end I'm getting feedback that the OEM DMFW may be imbalanced. Now, was this flywheel dropped or is there some other reason it could be imbalanced or is it the entire clutch assembly together that is somewhat imbalanced? Either way I got the DMFW from Audi and they are giving me a new warrantied flywheel. Before I tear it all down again to install a new DMFW, what do you guys think?

Well i re-used my DMFW and i have no vibrations at all. Something might be wrong bud.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I'd imagine that the DMFWs have to be balanced, but I'd expect them to be balanced at the OEM like the Borg-Warner or IHI CHRAs. They're probably onto something with the DMFW balancing.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
RSR owners, I love my kit but after 1,500 miles of break in but I have a serious technical question for those with this kit and possibly with aftermarket engine/trans mounts. From the moment the clutch was installed, revving in neutral (clutch pedal depressed or not) or even driving in gear through 1,500-1,800 rpm there is a nasty rotational vibration coming from the engine/trans assembly. When the revs pass 1,800 rpm it smooths out completely. I had a shop review everything, checking my new 034 street trans mount (was installed well before clutch and I didn't have this issue) and making sure everything was tight. In the end I'm getting feedback that the new OEM DMFW may have be imbalanced. Now, was this flywheel dropped or is there some other reason it could be imbalanced or is it the entire clutch assembly together that is somewhat imbalanced, I'm not sure but does this sound like the reason for the vibration? Either way I got the DMFW from Audi and they are giving me a new warrantied flywheel. Before I tear it all down again to install a new DMFW, what do you guys think?

Anyone else have any feedback?

6MTCSG

Banned
Anyone else have any feedback?

I do have vibration when i go into reverse but i believe its largely due to the ECS dog bone mount i installed before the RSR clutch. I am looking to cut the edges to get rid of some of the NVH soon. I am using HS tuning's RSR clutch with OEM DMFW(stock one).

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I do have vibration when i go into reverse but i believe its largely due to the ECS dog bone mount i installed before the RSR clutch. I am looking to cut the edges to get rid of some of the NVH soon. I am using HS tuning's RSR clutch with OEM DMFW(stock one).

turn the car on and in neutral hold the gas pedal at 1/4 the way down, as the rpms raise through 1,500-1,800 rpm do you get a vibration?

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
turn the car on and in neutral hold the gas pedal at 1/4 the way down, as the rpms raise through 1,500-1,800 rpm do you get a vibration?

Hyde, I can try this out in a little bit and report back. Need to go to the post office in a bit.