GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

6MTCSG

Banned
Ok no vibrations when you rev up or rev down.... good to know...

Will inspect the PP fingers tomorrow and will install a new DMFW.

When I rev up there are minor vibration but that is expected and normal, no virbation when rpm drops to idle.

Good luck with the DMFW.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
RSR owners, I love my kit but after 1,500 miles of break in but I have a serious technical question for those with this kit and possibly with aftermarket engine/trans mounts. From the moment the clutch was installed, revving in neutral (clutch pedal depressed or not) or even driving in gear through 1,500-1,800 rpm there is a nasty rotational vibration coming from the engine/trans assembly. When the revs pass 1,800 rpm it smooths out completely. I had a shop review everything, checking my new 034 street trans mount (was installed well before clutch and I didn't have this issue) and making sure everything was tight. In the end I'm getting feedback that the new OEM DMFW may have be imbalanced. Now, was this flywheel dropped or is there some other reason it could be imbalanced or is it the entire clutch assembly together that is somewhat imbalanced, I'm not sure but does this sound like the reason for the vibration? Either way I got the DMFW from Audi and they are giving me a new warrantied flywheel. Before I tear it all down again to install a new DMFW, what do you guys think?

Figured out what the issue was which caused the low rpm vibration. Previously had the 034 Street Density trans mount with BFI Stage 1 engine mount in place. Last night I swapped the BFI Stage 1 engine mount for the matching 034 Street Density engine mount and the vibration at 1,500 - 1,800 rpm is gone! It seems after adding the Audi TT-RS pressure plate and TDI disc with a new DMFW made me notice this vibration on the trans side of the mount combo, possibly since the poly engine mount was stiffer sending more feedback to the rubber trans mount. Right now the mounts are now both the same durometer rubber from the same company, no more mismatch between mount materials and companies. Initially the feedback was an imbalanced flywheel which cost me clutch labor again as I was able to get a warrantied flywheel. Turns out moving over to a matched engine and trans mount combo settled all sorts of NVH issues I noticed.s

DontouchmyGLI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone with the LUK TT-S kit running K04 without slippage? I know the TT-RS PP should hold better but can't justify spending more for nothing because the whole point of this is saving a lot of money which would convince me to go K04. My car is a daily driver and I just have fun from time to time but nothing insane like pulls from 1k rpm to red line in 4th...

Last edited:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
To clear it up for everyone, any "RSR" you purchase that is not directly from HS Tuning is a copy. Four seasons even went as far as to steal the RSR name from them, which it pretty bold.

HS Tuning is THE ONLY company that put in the hundreds or man hours and costs of trying out tons of different pressure plates, disks, friction material and combinations of all of the above to come to the setup they now sell, coined as the "RSR." HS's kit includes all NEW OEM parts, bolts and the upgraded TOB.

People made a DIY kit that included similar components, but not a key change that HS does before shipping their kit. And no, I'm not talking about drilling bigger holes in the pressure plate. Most of the people making DIY kits are using remanufactured items as well to keep the cost down, because they find buying brand new OEM items puts the cost around the same as the kit HS sells. Does the DIY kit work? Sure. Is is the same as what HS sells? No. Does the DIY kit have a warranty or any customer support? No.

Four seasons used to sell the disk and pressure plate seperately. Then they figured out what people were doing and put together a "kit" of their own, utilizing the stolen HS Tuning RSR brand name. But no, it is not exactly the same as what HS put together.

shaolinmastr

Passed Driver's Ed
Nothing, it's mounted on my wall, we can't do anything but try to sell it to Audi TT-RS owners.

HS Tuning sells the RSR kit, they are the same.

Thanks HYDE16 for the reply. I figured it would become wall art. Clutch and TOB ordered. Now I'm about to order the PP and DMFW.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
To clear it up for everyone, any "RSR" you purchase that is not directly from HS Tuning is a copy. Four seasons even went as far as to steal the RSR name from them, which it pretty bold.

HS Tuning is THE ONLY company that put in the hundreds or man hours and costs of trying out tons of different pressure plates, disks, friction material and combinations of all of the above to come to the setup they now sell, coined as the "RSR." HS's kit includes all NEW OEM parts, bolts and the upgraded TOB.

People made a DIY kit that included similar components, but not a key change that HS does before shipping their kit. And no, I'm not talking about drilling bigger holes in the pressure plate. Most of the people making DIY kits are using remanufactured items as well to keep the cost down, because they find buying brand new OEM items puts the cost around the same as the kit HS sells. Does the DIY kit work? Sure. Is is the same as what HS sells? No. Does the DIY kit have a warranty or any customer support? No.

Four seasons used to sell the disk and pressure plate seperately. Then they figured out what people were doing and put together a "kit" of their own, utilizing the stolen HS Tuning RSR brand name. But no, it is not exactly the same as what HS put together.
Thanks for the clarification :)

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
wait this kit 4seasons sells is the exact same shit as the hstuning one? same exact freaking thing? and its cheaper? damn...

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Might not be using all new components...