GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are the benefits of a Catch Can?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Other closed system catch cans work but by re-using the OEM PCV system which may be prone to failure (lower accuracy of catching oil vapor).

The Forge system replaces the OEM PCV system which I consider to be a failure.
Now we arent talking about the FSI motor here, I havent seen any recurring faults to the stock PCV on the TSI motor.
Thats not to say that it is flawless or perfect though.
My only complaint about the Forge CC system is that it uses one hose ( -8 if my memory serves me correctly) while the stock system uses two hoses (front is -10 and I dont know the rear size). This seems like a step down in my book, but then again I havent done my research so I don't know for 100% fact if this plays an issue, but in my mind it seems to limit the gas flow, and I would like to vent out the PCV as easily as possible.
(Im not bashing FOrge, the kit reeks of high quality goodness. :thumbsup: I would love to buy an Africa plate if you would sell it different, but I would drill out the hole to fit a larger hose, and dump that to the ground).

Bring on my setup:
I recently made some PCV chnges to my car. I have been running the BSH VTA CC on my MKV since its FIRST release.

Thanks to BFI I purchased the needed AN fitting and clamp in order to run the front PCV line as a dump tube straight to the ground.

Sorry for the bad pic, I was in a hurry and didnt notice the pic didnt focus:

oh and I cleaned up the end of the braided hose so it looks purdy

losely zip tied the end of the hose to the W.A.L.K.:

(suck on that one hippies)

Now I wont have to worry about emptying the CC as often as the front PCV vents gases all the time while the rear only vents during boost.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
I was running a VTA CC...
Now I run a dump tube

S.S.D.D.

Tecni

Ready to race!
That setup will not only contaminate the ground but it will also get the undercarriage full of oil and make working on your car in the future a mess.

That's just unnecessary.

Now we arent talking about the FSI motor here, I havent seen any recurring faults to the stock PCV on the TSI motor.
Thats not to say that it is flawless or perfect though.
My only complaint about the Forge CC system is that it uses one hose ( -8 if my memory serves me correctly) while the stock system uses two hoses (front is -10 and I dont know the rear size). This seems like a step down in my book, but then again I havent done my research so I don't know for 100% fact if this plays an issue, but in my mind it seems to limit the gas flow, and I would like to vent out the PCV as easily as possible.
(Im not bashing FOrge, the kit reeks of high quality goodness. :thumbsup: I would love to buy an Africa plate if you would sell it different, but I would drill out the hole to fit a larger hose, and dump that to the ground).

Bring on my setup:
I recently made some PCV chnges to my car. I have been running the BSH VTA CC on my MKV since its FIRST release.

Thanks to BFI I purchased the needed AN fitting and clamp in order to run the front PCV line as a dump tube straight to the ground.

Sorry for the bad pic, I was in a hurry and didnt notice the pic didnt focus:

oh and I cleaned up the end of the braided hose so it looks purdy

losely zip tied the end of the hose to the W.A.L.K.:

(suck on that one hippies)

Now I wont have to worry about emptying the CC as often as the front PCV vents gases all the time while the rear only vents during boost.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
I work on the engine bay juuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine with the VTA can :iono:

With the dump tube there should be very little (if ANY) buildup on the under carriage as the car is in motion most of the time....