GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Good point... can you do a Cherry Red GB now so I can order these plug & play tails? Thanks!!!

Im hoping the vendor will find out soon. He has inquired and Depo said they can but it will take some time. Honestly I think you would be suprised as to how Red these are once the sun hits them.

JC8588 has some great images in the sun and the Dark Cherry match the 3rd brake light perfectly. Several of the buyer are from Jersey maybe you can check out a set locally.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
!!!Installation Advisory!!!

I have had reports of moisture in the lens and we have found the wires not being pulled through completely and compromising the gasket on the lights. Please view the picture:

Please make sure when installing your lights to grab the wires and pull them through completely. If you didn't check this while installing, I suggest taking a glance and verifying. This will allow water to route into your lights.

If you did get water, open up the light and let it evaporate and you will be fine. This is an advisory, please leave no rude comments and take note.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I saw an ad on EBay were it states that if the wires get crimped between the seal, it will allow moisture in and mess with the fitment. I would check and make sure your wires are not getting crimped between the weather seal and the car.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Thats because a guy here got the lights from them and installed them wrong and then tried to thrash the lights saying they are rubbish and put in a case about the seller. See here.
Looks they are just clarifying what not to do due to that guy installing them wrong and blaming the lights.

palma

Ready to race!
I did exactly that...ugh

AXO

Go Kart Champion
BooooYaaa! The bill will be in the mail!

Seriously Glad I could Help.....

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I am so tempted to get a set (dark cherry w/o fog). Decisions....decisions.

Tactical Pancake

Ready to race!
Can someone show me pictures of the dark cherry with turn tint vs no tint.

patarch

Ready to race!
Will these be plug and play on a 2012 GTi as well? I read that the coding was different for 2012s for tails that needed coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.