GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
No one has asked one of the most important questions.

What kinda tunes you bumpin?
I know it's the easy out answer, but a bit of (almost) everything. I'm playing my saved tracks on Spotify which is over 3000 songs. Bastille, Foreigner, Eminem, Glitch Mob, Halsey, Queen, Dave Matthews...
Basically
nothing more country than Mumford and Sons,
nothing more punk than Green Day or Third Eye Blind
nothing more metal than Three Days Grace
But other than that anything goes.

Also fuck yeah whale metal 🤘🏼

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You should only listen to NPR for the entire trip.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm kind of eclectic. My playlist will go between Arctic Monkeys, Yes, MF DOOM, Queens of the Stone Age, OutKast, Paul Simon, and Puerto Rican salsa real quick.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Day 4: I threw a hissy fit because there was no service.

Day started off slow, and the next week is gonna be pretty slow too. I made an appointment with Owens Murphy VW (Little Rock) to diag my alignment. They confirmed what I thought, so I called a shop in Colorado. I asked them if I could ship parts to them and make an appointment. They run $125/hr 💀 but they specialize in Euro and that's their customer-supplied rate. My Euro shop back home is $130. Anyway that appointments for Monday with a quick check Friday to make sure I ordered the necessary parts. Unfortunately that means I'll have to spend the weekend, but I'll take a breather, y'know? Proper shower, maybe a hike (right near Breckenridge), and do a shit ton of editing and get some videos up.

I didn't actually take any pics today. I didn't leave Little Rock until after 3. I went down to Ouachita (how TF do you pronounce that, like Wichita? Or wah-cheeta? Idk) National forest. Bombed some country roads with a gen 5 mustang missing all the front body panels and headlights, and the hood not fully latched. Those roads were nice, then they turned into long sweepers that were so relaxing to cruise around with the country air. 27 North.

I also noticed once I got to the national forest I have seen a VW in a long time. In fact, I hadn't seen a European car in a long time. The whole time from when I entered Ouachita, left, and neared Ozark, the most European car I saw was a Ford Focus. The first actual European car I saw was a bloody G-Wagon.

Ozarks are pretty cool. They started easy with long, high speed sweepers (too high speed for me). However, I turned off west at Sand Gap and Bam! tight turns everywhere. I would normally take it in 3rd and 4th, but I wanted to relax, especially with so many animals around, so I kept it in 4th and up except for really tight turns. Very very fun road. Scenery is beautiful but it's all the same as home so nothing exciting to me.

Well, I kept driving that road and roads like it and it got late, so I started looking for a pull off with good tree coverage. Well it wasn't for a little that I realized I had no service. Now, I have family and friends worried about be staying connected, plus I just feel safer. So I started getting mad cause every pull off was a damn dead zone and everywhere with service was residential.

My weird turbo noise is getting more prominent. I don't know if I was deaf before or if it's new. It's not a concerning noise (it sounds like turbo flutter) but it's the fact I never heard it before a few days ago that's concerning. Sounds wicked tho, if it's all fine I'm gonna be happy.

Jump to next day:
day five

Last edited:

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Cleaned up OP. Added links so you could jump from one daily log to the next at the bottom of each entry.
Park one side up on the curb, always works for me
Yeah, it's the easiest way
I'm kind of eclectic. My playlist will go between Arctic Monkeys, Yes, MF DOOM, Queens of the Stone Age, OutKast, Paul Simon, and Puerto Rican salsa real quick.
Fuckin PR salsa 😂

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
turbo noise could be diverter valve starting to crap out?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
turbo noise could be diverter valve starting to crap out?
I was thinking it could be BOV related, but I have my Turbosmart Kompact EM BOV installed. I'll have to see if I can't find a good sound byte of it. Someone's it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it's like a big turbo flutter. But like I said, if this sounds had always happened I wouldn't be concerned. :iono:
Edit: haven't mentioned it's only on lifting off throttle quickly. Found a sound byte, I'm gonna upload it

Last edited: