GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Valance -- plasti dip done!!!

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
... you slide this on and it tightens onto them... You have a hole, that ... head sticks into the O, and it slides down the shaft and tightens itself on. There are at least 6-8 of them on each side that you have to line up.

Hope that explains it better. If not, I can maybe take one ... tomorrow and take some pics.

BAahAHHahAHahAHahaHAhahAHAhahahAHHahahAHhahahaa

oh man... :bellyroll:

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Someone's mind had to be in the gutter! LMAO ^^ I didn't even catch onto it until he wrote that. I think it looks good though. I think I'm gonna try this with their glossifier. See how the results are.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

Karterman

Okay, i am hoping someone can help me here.. 2011 TORNADO RED GTI. before doing this project, did any of you notice a sticker on the valance? back side of it. with the markings "Schich 2" followed by a date? mine says 08.02.2011. my car was purchased new in 6/11.. Can anyone confirm that the date on their sticker is in sequence with(or prior to) the manufacture date of car? I purchased CPO with clean carfax, dealer told me that car was ALL ORIGINAL. I have found many flaws that show the car was in accident, for example, left bumper bracket is bent and exposing raw metal. as well as a bunch of black "sealant" type rubbery stuff sprayed all around over bolts, brackets, ect.. The bumper, and passenger rear quarter panel resprayed, up to the door, from roof down. clear-coat is peeling on tape line at roof. I am now attempting to prove to VW CORP that it was indeed in accident. i've had car for almost 2 months. (now also trying to prove this valance was replaced after 6/11, and prior to my purchase. any help would be greatly appreciated.

L3it3R

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did the plastidip on the sides and the rear. Looks great! Here's a shot of stock vs plastidip

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337354779.487573.jpg

rpandresen

Ready to race!
I'm planning on doing it this weekend. Do I need to spray the inside as well? Or just the outside? How many cans do you think I'll need to hit the rear valence and some bits inside the engine compartment?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I'd get 2, maybe 3. No need to stay inside.

Oh, on another note, I did my front guards and side moldings today. Finally. Gives the car a clean look, especially on CSG.

Bender1

Banned
Okay, i am hoping someone can help me here.. 2011 TORNADO RED GTI. before doing this project, did any of you notice a sticker on the valance? back side of it. with the markings "Schich 2" followed by a date? mine says 08.02.2011. my car was purchased new in 6/11..

08.02.2011 is feb 8th, 2011. Remember they do their dates backwards in the EU.

Karterman

08.02.2011 is feb 8th, 2011. Remember they do their dates backwards in the EU.
Thanks man, in the lapse of being pissed this car was in an accident, i didnt remember that!
I attatched 2 pictures. The driver side what looks to be a bracket, is bent and exposing bare metal. Who the hell sprays that black shit all over like that? and how did the dealership not notice this when they did their "112 point inspection" which dosen't seen like it was completed thoroughly. any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited: