GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford Focus ST vs Golf R. Video.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Actually plenty of people disputing that, with arguments like.
1. Its too heavy
2. Its too expensive
3. If did stage 41254125 then I'd blow the doors off a Veyron in Dubai
4. I don't like the way it looks because it looks like a golf :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah ok.. I don't think weight's a real issue, it has AWD and the weight is very reasonable for what it is. expensive.. again, at $30-$34K prices I think its good, but you are talking close to $38K + initially, I thought that was a bit much. I love the way they look, front bumper is awesome, dual exhaust is awesome.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
a heavier car felt nimbler? interesting....

Can't argue with a butt-dyno... Although, I did name my R Cartmam for a reason lol

Might be because DSG to MT:iono: Here is why I would guess that: coming from DSG, one would not feel the heavier clutch of the R or the sturdier (can't think of better word) shifting relative to a MT GTI. I think the fun of being engaged with a clutch and shifter while driving may throw off the senses a little bit coming from DSG. Just a theory...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
ah ok.. I don't think weight's a real issue, it has AWD and the weight is very reasonable for what it is. expensive.. again, at $30-$34K prices I think its good, but you are talking close to $38K + initially, I thought that was a bit much. I love the way they look, front bumper is awesome, dual exhaust is awesome.

Well you know how I feel about the pricing as well. ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Clutch felt the Same in the R to me. I was very dissapointed with it. I guess it needs a tune very much like the GTI needed to feel like it should.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
+1 Clutch was light same as GTI
+2 On power this car isn't fast and its way too quiet
+3 on tune being a requirement, the GTI/R are both slow

A_Bowers

+1 Clutch was light same as GTI
+2 On power this car isn't fast and its way too quiet
+3 on tune being a requirement, the GTI/R are both slow

+4 for going to +3

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
B7 = ........................

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
b8 A4 =

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Clutch definitely is heavier in the R vs mk6 GTI... I know as I have a stage 2 TR GTI parked next to my R in the garage everyday.

I suppose I'll be one of those guys that comes from something way different.... Coming from my C5 I almost punched a hole through the floor of a golf when I first pushed it in. The travel is 50% shorter and the clutch is 300% lighter.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
The R is taking it on the chin in these track comparisons lately.

Well if people who turned off esc actually took their car to the track and then informed us of the results I'm sure people would have a different opinion... I'm pretty sure my r with stage 1 and intake and really great tires would embarrass the st with esc off ...but this is just me assuming

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Who gives a F about ESC off? I still don't see the big deal, this car handles just fine with it on. And 99.9% of R drivers will get better times with it ON anyways.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Who gives a F about ESC off? I still don't see the big deal, this car handles just fine with it on. And 99.9% of R drivers will get better times with it ON anyways.

No i agree with you I personally think it handles really well and I took it up to Palomar mountain area a couple days ago and it was amazing but it makes the negative ones feel better to take it off , and I think People are just waiting for some videos or proof of how much better it might be