GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeep guy --> GTI guy

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I believe 2000-2003 1.8t 150 hp vr6 180 hp / 2004-2005 1.8t 180 hp. 2003 337 editions were also 1.8t 180 hp

Negative.

I had a 2002 GTI 1.8T and it had 180hp stock.

I know for sure in that. AWP was the 180hp and started for the 2002 model year. You can even find this info on APRs website under MkIVs.

AWD - 2000 model year on golf/jetta/gti
AWW - 2001 model year on golf/jetta/gti/wolfsburg
AWP - 2002 model year on golf/jetta/gti/337(yes its the same engine)

As far as the VR6, I'm pretty sure they increased the VR6 HP the same time as the 1.8t because they would have had the same HP if they hadn't.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
I can find nice Audi A3s for the same prices and mileage I'm finding GTIs. Pretty cool IMO. I can dig driving a turbo Audi. Just get it some low and some nice rims with a APR stage 1 tune and she's done. A sexy luxury hatchback/small wagon.

I'd be happy with either a GTI or A3. We'll see what I can get into/convince the fiancee of come September/October :)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Yes they have the same engine. If you go for an A3, I'd suggest getting a quattro. If not, its not much different than a GTI, just more expensive to maintain.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Also if you want stick, u cant get that with quattro. Also a3 is essentially less roomy and more fatter, but bitches love the audi badge :D

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Lol I'm really liking the idea of a A3 Sportback :cool: And I feel like they're longer than the GTIs with more rear leg room but the rear seat looks exactly the same.

If this one is still available in September I'm going to look at it. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...50&searchRadius=500&listingId=368355963&Log=0

My 'what I want to own' in order of preference; 1.) GTI 2.) Audi A3 Sportback 3.) Jetta GLI

What I'd aim for with any one of the three rides. Different wheels though. I really like the Watercooled Ind CC10

*edit: oh and hell yeah a Quattro would be preferred but those are wayyy more expensive. I'm looking below or at 19k after TTL. You'd be surprised though, you can find very nice A3s for this price.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh please don't go hellaflush. Please.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
That'd require bags. Those were just inspiration. I'd just throw some springs under it for some decent low and nice wheels. It'll be a daily, not a show car. If I were rich I could do shit like that and not give a fuck about the cost to do so but I'm not -_-

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Flush is terrible. Gives VW owners a bad name.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
That GTI is about as low as I'd go to be honest but lord knows that when I finally get whatever it is I get it's gonna take a billion years to lower it, stage 1 tune it, intake, turbo back exhaust, wheels and tires, yada yada yada hahaha

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
How the hell do you go over speed bumps in that thing? Hell, how do you even get out of the driveway?? Just lowering my Charger 1.75'' made it so if I go too fast out of the driveway I scrape. Any lower is just stupid for a DD.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
You just drive with more awareness bahahahahaha

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Eh. I know people like different things, but taking normal driveability out of something you drive everyday seems real stupid to me.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
That GTI is about as low as I'd go to be honest but lord knows that when I finally get whatever it is I get it's gonna take a billion years to lower it, stage 1 tune it, intake, turbo back exhaust, wheels and tires, yada yada yada hahaha

Eh the tune you could do without telling the other half. If you go APR, you can turn the tune on and off and your leisure. On when you drive. Off if she drives. haha.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Lol yeah well like I said, it'll probably take me a while to get low anyways. I was pricing out a decent set of springs for only $300 or less and then maybe get shocks/dampeners shortly there after if necessary for less than $500. So for $800 or so I'd have a few inches of reliable drop that isn't too hard/firm yah know.

Wheels and tires are another story. I found a cheap set of Lambo replicas that I dig lmfao I'd preffer non rep's though so we'll see when the time comes.

For now, I have to just wait...and wait...and wait some more for September/October hahaha