GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeep guy --> GTI guy

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Then your dealers suck balls. Everywhere else you can get them in the low 20s. For the ST I mean.

Low 20s for a new st? Show me

CPO yeah, maybe now, but not when I was looking.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Down here in Tejas, you cant find a Fiesta ST used under 21k. I've looked within 500 miles of me, nada. There's 2013's with 30k miles for $22k...that's only a few thousand less than new. Fuck that. I can get a new FiST for that price or a loaded GTI.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Down here in Tejas, you cant find a Fiesta ST used under 21k. I've looked within 500 miles of me, nada. There's 2013's with 30k miles for $22k...that's only a few thousand less than new. Fuck that. I can get a new FiST for that price or a loaded GTI.

That's partially why I'm driving a GTI Haha

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Talked to the Fiancee and we've agreed on a September/October time frame which is nice cause that'll let me take another $800+ off what I owe on my Jeep. Meaning more money for a down payment/extended warranty/whatever at trade in. Unless I could sell it privately but that'd be a big PITA with the bank (in California) holding my title. Easier to just trade in.

Tis all I wanted to say.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
So I read a thread about the MK7s and dem sexy HP/TQ numbers are uber attractive but prices make me want to keep looking for an MK6. HOWEVA...I just realized the other day that GLIs are the same motors and such as the GTIs. And I'm looking for a 4 door anyway. So now I'm kicking around teh idea of a MK5 or MK6 GLI such as dis; http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[VOLKS[GLI[]][]]&listingId=375979569&Log=0

So that's where I'm at. MK5/6 GLI or a MK6 GTI 4 door. Auto trans either way and I have to wait until September at the earliest. #LAMEBALLS

Svtpony

Ready to race!
You should easily be able to find a four door mk6 for that price. You've got time, just keep looking. IMO the gti is just a much nicer car and you'll be much happier with it. Plus that gli only gets 0mpg according to the ad. Lol

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Lmao that link was just for reference to what I'd be interested in though it was black (fuck owning a black car in dusty as fuck west Texas). And you think I could find a decent MK6 GLI for under 19k? I haven't found one yet but I'm hoping.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Low 20s for a new st? Show me

CPO yeah, maybe now, but not when I was looking.

When were you looking? Others on the forum have definitely gotten them for under 25. Ask Bender or storch.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Mk6 GLI is 20% less quality in my opinion. The 2011+ Jettas are just junk. They feel like a cheap car. I'd highly suggest against it. Especially since a GTI is what turned you on to VW. If you want a GLI I'd suggest a 2009, 2010 (MkV).

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Yeah GTIs have my heart because I love hatchbacks but the sedans aren't unattractive

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Yeah GTIs have my heart because I love hatchbacks but the sedans aren't unattractive

My deal is; you're going to be paying either way, make sure you're paying for what makes you happy. Honestly what would you rather have? Buy that one. Nobody looks twice at a Jetta. At least I never did.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!

Oh I agree on the styling of the GLIs. I like that. I just think the Mk6 Jettas are seriously lacking in what VW quality should be. Granted the GLI is a bit of an improvement. But over all the car just feels cheaper. Easy way to tell is how the door closes.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 GLI is 20% less quality in my opinion. The 2011+ Jettas are just junk. They feel like a cheap car. I'd highly suggest against it. Especially since a GTI is what turned you on to VW. If you want a GLI I'd suggest a 2009, 2010 (MkV).

I thought the GLI had a step up from the standard Jetta's? Maybe I am wrong.

Oh I agree on the styling of the GLIs. I like that. I just think the Mk6 Jettas are seriously lacking in what VW quality should be. Granted the GLI is a bit of an improvement. But over all the car just feels cheaper. Easy way to tell is how the door closes.

Since my wife had a 12 Jetta, I will agree that the materials are a far cry from the excellent fit and materials found in the GTI. However, my GTI rattled oodles more than the Jetta did. In fact, I don't remember the Jetta rattling at all. But every time I got into it I always marveled how cheap it felt. Mid 90s domestic cars had a more luxurious feel to them. :laugh:

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Yeah my fiancee and her mother are trying to get me to think about a generic 4 door fuel sipping car and I'm just like "but I want something sporty and that I can make my own!" but they're super against it. They would rather have my keep my gas chugging Wrangler rather than be in a sportier, more fuel efficient, 4 door car. Why that makes any sense to them is mind blowing. I can save over $150 a month between the lower fuel costs and lower monthly payments. Why they can't just agree and let me live with my own decision is beyond me.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Why are your soon to be wife and more importantly your soon to be mother in law so worried about you buying a car that's fun to drive and gets significantly better MPG than your current one? Gees.