GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Orleans GTI: MK6 CSG, 6MT 5 door

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
APR Stage 1 done. Carbonio intake received but rain is preventing the install. Will slap it on tomorrow.

Stage 1 Impressions: HOLY SHIT BALLS. This thing is literally a whole new car. Even normal driving is a breath of fresh air. No more sluggish, stuttering pulls offs and shifts... just straight power. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Updated 1st page. DG Springs ordered! Here's some new updated pics.

PS: At first I didn't know if I liked the carbonio, but now I'm in love with it :)

HoustonGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice car bro! Like the way you have being doing your car but in my opinion a no on the red trim on lower valence, anyways a going same route as you soon with apr tune! Nice job

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Nice car bro! Like the way you have being doing your car but in my opinion a no on the red trim on lower valence, anyways a going same route as you soon with apr tune! Nice job

Thanks man!! Yea i already pulled the trim off for the 2nd time haha. Sometimes i am a bit indecisive ;)

When do you want me to make your car look amazing?
View attachment 23469

Soon as springs are on! Did you get yours on yet? I want to buy a camera too so going to need your help on that after springs/wheels/TBE

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
Thanks man!! Yea i already pulled the trim off for the 2nd time haha. Sometimes i am a bit indecisive ;)

Soon as springs are on! Did you get yours on yet? I want to buy a camera too so going to need your help on that after springs/wheels/TBE

Going do them Sunday.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
DG Springs being delivered Friday. install won't happen this weekend because of GF birthday so it'll be the following weekend.

Looking to go ahead and order wheels...

VMR V710s powder coated... thoughts?

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
A german package arrived today from Keffer VW :)

Springs + Hardware kit and new bump stops, etc for $254 shipped. Springs shipped alone would have been $205.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Crappy cell phone pic of DG springs installed. Only a week on so I think they are still settling but looking good so far IMO. Exactly what I wanted drop-wise.

Wheels being installed Monday, then pro pictures to follow.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
That's very nice. I have sworn to my wife that suspension mods will not be taking place in this car.

The Acura cured me of that.
I love the way the thing drives now

Thanks man! Yea i only dropped for the SOLE reason of wheel gap. If i had no plans for aftermarket wheels then i would have stayed stock no doubt - it handled great IMO stock. Minimal improvement on DG but it is certainly more confident and planted.

A_Bowers

Thanks man! Yea i only dropped for the SOLE reason of wheel gap. If i had no plans for aftermarket wheels then i would have stayed stock no doubt - it handled great IMO stock. Minimal improvement on DG but it is certainly more confident and planted.

I would love to go with aftermarket wheels.....but that's gonna detract from my whole crouching tiger hidden dragon theme :) sleeper if you will.

You may sway my thoughts come October BBQ. We will have to compare.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Brand new wheels were refinished today. This is my effort to address the chipping issues of VMR wheels. At first i thought "how bad could it be". Then i saw tje factory finish and realized how thin it really is.

Step 1:
Scuffing the existing SUPER thin finish. Lots of imperfections found after i got the wheels opened up. We also needed the new clear to have something to grab on to. Super fine 3M pads used for this (think it was like 3200 grit)

Step 2:
Denatured alcohol scrub followed by air hose and then scrubbed with a tacky pad.

Step 3:
Thin coat of clear, light sanding and then final thick coat. Currently have 3mm of clear between all clear coats :thumbsup:

Matthews automotive clear used here. My friend added a matthews product that gives it durability and flex - they use this on the lower parts of cars for protection (side skirts and bottom of bumpers etc). He also added an accelerator to help the curing process.

They are currently curing in the paint booth. Monday they will be buffed up and then dropped off to me. Ill get my better camera and take nice pics of the finish. I am being advised to not mount then for at least a week. Looks like install wont happen until friday :(

I will say this though - we took one out in the light after the last coat tacked up and it looked GORGEOUS. I am super excited about this and think it will make them look that much better on the car.

Last edited: